Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at various kids 24in full suspension bikes.. Xfusion Valet RLC forks and Xfusion O2 pro R shocks are common on many of the affordable (relative term) brands.

How do these compare in real world uses vs Manitou junit forks or rock shock deluxe select R shocks?

My kid is a good rider (no prodigy thoigh at this point) doing everything from trails, jump parks to ski areas.

Any experience with the Xfusion bits would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Status 140, NS Suburban
465 Posts
Ask yourself how you gonna service it?

Other than that it absorbs, your kid will be more excited about the jump and will not give a **** about brand

Also I assume bike have tune for rider under 100 pound or so, otherwise even top line fox will be a joke

Cheers

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I can't find any info on a Valet, did you mean Velvet?

I've got an older (~2014ish) Velvet RL that's a great fork. The damper works quite well and is easy to work on and the lowers fit Fox 32 main seals so parts have not been a problem.

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
Like other have said, the product itself is not bad, their abandonment of all support and making service parts available makes them worthless.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never realized it was that hard to service Xfusion stuff. Something to consider.

Yes sorry it's the velvet fork, and any of brands I'm looking at say they have "kid specific" tunes.

Thanks for the input so far.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I don't think the stuff is really "hard" to service if you have a little experience, you just may end up guessing on viscosities or IFP depth and pressure, stuff like that.

I think you can find the seals, too, it just may take some legwork.

Fox and SRAM make it easy, though, with service bulletins.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
As far as service goes, I have a 2014 metric HLR that has a self bleeding twin tube damper that couldn't be more easy to service. Unscrew the compression assembly, dump the oil, replace oil. Lowers service is like other forks, super easy. Dust seals are generic 36mm from any company. My damper is still on the original seals. Even the foot nut seals have never been replaced. My metric has been the most reliable, easy to service fork I've owned. I can't speak to their other forks/dampers, and I haven't bought anything from them since 2014 so take this for what it's worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.