Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Have been looking for a new rear hub for a while now.
Saw SunRingle Abbah S.O.S on a bike in a bikestore.
They said that it's really good stuff.
But I wonder, how good is it after a year of riding? Somebody here riding this hub, and who can tell me something about it?
I also wonder how many "grip-points" and if it is easy to serve it and so on...

thx .Eric

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Check the product reviews

Only three reviews, mostly bad. Could very well be that it's a very good product and those who've had good experiences just haven't reviewed it. I'd say your money may be better spent on other high end products with a better documented history of positive experiences.

Bob

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I've been using the 135mm version of this hub for about 1 1/2 years now. Other than
disassembling to fully grease when new I haven't had it apart. If memory serves, it has 3 pawls. Specialized ran the 150mm/12 mm version on the Demo 9 back in 2004.
A couple of guys I know had them and no problems.
da_EriC said:
Hi
Have been looking for a new rear hub for a while now.
Saw SunRingle Abbah S.O.S on a bike in a bikestore.
They said that it's really good stuff.
But I wonder, how good is it after a year of riding? Somebody here riding this hub, and who can tell me something about it?
I also wonder how many "grip-points" and if it is easy to serve it and so on...

thx .Eric

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard some people broke their ahhab -hubs after a short while... That's why I'm asking.. Good to here good critique from somebody who ride freeriding in Whistler.. =)

Is it posible to think that you have to disassamble it and grease, before using it?
What kind of grease do you use? Some brands says that you should take som thin oil or something like that..

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have found that a lot of manufacturers use little or inferior grease in their components which in my opinion contributes to premature failure. Therefore I always disassemble and regrease using a high quality grease. The product I've been using for several years is made by Progold-EPX. I live in North Vancouver and ride in all conditions as well as in Whistler.
da_EriC said:
I have heard some people broke their ahhab -hubs after a short while... That's why I'm asking.. Good to here good critique from somebody who ride freeriding in Whistler.. =)

Is it posible to think that you have to disassamble it and grease, before using it?
What kind of grease do you use? Some brands says that you should take som thin oil or something like that..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.