Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im hopefully gonna start racing junior beginner or junioir sport downhill next season. i just dont know if the z1 i want will hold up. i dont think that the california beginner and sport coures should be a problem for z1, but where should i expect the fork to give up and need to be traded for a bigger triple clamp fork? :confused:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
the mtn man said:
im hopefully gonna start racing junior beginner or junioir sport downhill next season. i just dont know if the z1 i want will hold up. i dont think that the california beginner and sport coures should be a problem for z1, but where should i expect the fork to give up and need to be traded for a bigger triple clamp fork? :confused:
Get a triple. A RS Boxxer. Good enough and affordable.

The Z1 will make your steering very nervous supposing it takes the beating. It's designed for freeride/trail and its damping its different to what you need. The Boxxer is a dedicated downhill rig and its damping, geometry and construction will fit much better.

Another option is a double crown Manipoo Sherman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.