Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I finally got a bike! I've been debating it for months and had a couple of road blocks, but I wound up getting an '08 Specialized RH Comp Disc, which I'm picking up tomorrow. The ironic part, though, was the fact my fiancee went with me. She's been a bit leery about me getting a bike, as it costs $$$ and it would take some time away from her. And she hasn't been keen about getting one herself because the last one she got, a Target bike, left a bad impression on her.
Anyway, while we were waiting to see mine, she started looking at the women's bikes. She found an '08 Specialized Myka FSR, and wanted to test it ride it :eek: . After taking it for a little spin in 25F weather, she loved it! When we got back, she made the decision she wanted that bike. So tell me, how the hell does she walk in the store making fun of me for biking, and walks out with a more expensive bike than mine :madman: :p ?
In all honesty, I love the fact she's willing to go out and ride though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Be Happy

Dude, you are lucky! My GF rides and it's the nicest thing. So many of my friends have GFs or wives who won't have anything to do with a bike. Enjoy your new life together.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mmmm, pancakes. I just find it funny how she can have such a sudden, drastic, change of mind. But yeah, I love the idea of her riding with me! Oh, and pics (of the bikes) soon to follow!

·
Registered
178 Posts
chewymilk99 said:
Ummmm. She has breasts. I think if she wanted to walk around with pancakes on her head it would be OK.
Or a dead body in a freezer

Super sweet bro
I saw a Myka last Saturday and it looks pretty cool. It was the all black one.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
:thumbsup:

Going from a Target/Walmart/Kmart (Insert Dept store name here) bike to a Specialized/Trek/Yeti/(Insert real bike name here) is like going from a cheap plastic BB gun to a Barrett .50 cal. (Insert own analogy here). Basically, toy bike to real bike.

Once she realized how well it feels to ride a real bike, it is natural she would get hooked. I know I was when I first rode my first real bike. I am naturally cheap so I had to really debate myself at plunking $360 for my first real bike (2006 Spec. Hardrock). Once I took it for a ride, the debate was over. Well, at least for me it was; it only begun with my wife! LOL. BTW - She's not a rider nor ever will be unfortunately.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it is a pretty nice bike. From what I can tell, it's basically the woman's specific version of the XC FSR. Same shock, same fork, same brakes. The paint job isn't bad, either. It's the white-to-gray with flowers/leaves at certain spots in the frame. I think the major selling point was the pink linkage though.

·
Old man on a bike
12,398 Posts
So tell me, how the hell does she walk in the store making fun of me for biking, and walks out with a more expensive bike than mine ?

Should I assume that it's because you're paying? Even so, you're lucky she wants to ride!
I do hope she has more than breasts going for her, though. Hate to see what chewymilk would settle for (or is he really into the chewy milk thing? :eekster: )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.