Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm told bianchi doesn't make mtb anymore, but I could just buy a different brand frame if this one brakes, right? I'll be seeing it irl before buying, and the pic looks pretty clean. Hope to pick it up today if it sounds like a good grab!

Model: Bianchi D.I.S.S. Single Speed Mountain Bike
Frame Size: 17.5”
Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 5
Brakes: Avid Mechanical Disc
Bottom Bracket: TruVativ ISIS spline, 113mm spindle
Chain: KMC BMX, 1/2 x 3/32`
Crankset: TruVativ Stylo, 32 teeth
Handlebar & Stem: Easton EA50
Headset: 1 1/8` threadless Aheadset STS
Pedals: Wellgo SPD
Rear Cog: 1-speed, 16 teeth
Saddle: Viscount Cobra
Frame Tubing Material: Easton Ultralite Aluminum
Tires: Bontranger 26 x 2.1”
Hubs: Front: WTB SpeedDisc XC, Rear: Spot Bolt-on
Rims: WTB SpeedMaster

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,341 Posts
mmik said:
I'm told bianchi doesn't make mtb anymore, but I could just buy a different brand frame if this one brakes, right? I'll be seeing it irl before buying, and the pic looks pretty clean. Hope to pick it up today if it sounds like a good grab!

Model: Bianchi D.I.S.S. Single Speed Mountain Bike
Frame Size: 17.5"
Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 5
Brakes: Avid Mechanical Disc
Bottom Bracket: TruVativ ISIS spline, 113mm spindle
Chain: KMC BMX, 1/2 x 3/32`
Crankset: TruVativ Stylo, 32 teeth
Handlebar & Stem: Easton EA50
Headset: 1 1/8` threadless Aheadset STS
Pedals: Wellgo SPD
Rear Cog: 1-speed, 16 teeth
Saddle: Viscount Cobra
Frame Tubing Material: Easton Ultralite Aluminum
Tires: Bontranger 26 x 2.1"
Hubs: Front: WTB SpeedDisc XC, Rear: Spot Bolt-on
Rims: WTB SpeedMaster
Pic?
Fork?

--sParty

·
Registered
835 Posts
I begain my singlespeed addiction with a Bianchi B.O.S.S. back in 1998, and while I really loved the bike, I will say that it's a very unforgiving ride. The aluminum frame and beefy chromo unicrown fork were nothing but efficient, but man, did I get beat up. I sold it for $300 a few years ago, without the stock Pauls hubs.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my current other bike is a FS AM cannondale, so it'll compliment it nicely, especially with the tame trails around my home. I'm also eyeing up a bmx, and I'll be buying that today as well if the guy gets back to me.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,341 Posts
mmik said:
http://grnbay.craiglit.org/bik/2568186.html

Low quality pics of course, but I can judge on wear-factor when I see it. It doesn't say what the fork is, and it's probably too early to get ahold of him.
BTW, just a point of forum etiquette... never link to an ad. It makes people wonder if it's your ad and you're spamming the board. Instead, link to the photos only. Better yet, embed the photos in your post. Thanks. :thumbsup:

--sParty

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sparticus said:
BTW, just a point of forum etiquette... never link to an ad. It makes people wonder if it's your ad and you're spamming the board. Instead, link to the photos only. Better yet, embed the photos in your post. Thanks. :thumbsup:

--sParty
Why would anyone make that mistake if they even went as far as reading the title of my topic? :\

·
3,707 Posts
I recently looked into an aluminum Bianchi frame (BOSS). Seems there have been some reports of the seat tube cracking. Not sure if it was user error or defect. Also the aluminum dropouts are a bit of a concern as well. I decided to pass on it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, from what I can tell the BOSS is an older model than the DISS, correct? A quick skim through google didn't give me anything on faulty frames, and considering the DISS is a newer model, I'm gonna bite, but I'll see if I can get him to drop to 325.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sparticus said:

--sParty
Yep, plus outing the craigslist ad means anyone who saw this thread can buy the bike before you do. Posting just the pics would make that much less likely...

·
Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
2,419 Posts
p nut said:
I recently looked into an aluminum Bianchi frame (BOSS). Seems there have been some reports of the seat tube cracking. Not sure if it was user error or defect. Also the aluminum dropouts are a bit of a concern as well. I decided to pass on it.
i cracked mine, but i crack every frame there. It's because i have long legs and lots of post sticking out. The next size up has too long of a top tube, so i need custom.

I had a Bianchi Puss (still have it, although rewelded) since early 2006. It's a great bike, and pretty damn light. Easton UL tubing is pretty decent stuff. If it had the geometry for a 100mm fork, i'd like it even more.
The frame and fork retailed for about $600, the complete bike with better parts than that and a suspension fork retailed for about $1100 i believe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.