Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a xc racing or marathon racing bike and wanted to get good and not to expensive weels , dont care 2 much about the weight but dont want 2000 pounds weels neither and wanted to get some opinions
i was thinking about getting the mavic xm819 rims with the hopexc hubs ($334 the pair at jenson)
, or same rims but xt disc hubs($350 the pair)
what do you think, or should i try something else . i weight between 175 and 180 pounds n am planning to use them with avid BB7's on a hardtail bike.
btw i heard that these 819 rims use a special kind of niples .does anybody know if those niples come with the rims??do i need anithing special to build these weels??
thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
Go Hope! Those hubs are way better than the XTs. The 819s don't use a special kind of nipple. They have inserts that skrew into the eyelet to hold the nipple in place. They should come with the rims. There is a special tool that you will need to insert these properly.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.