Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about the ride of the Blur. With the VPP, does it have a "locked out" feel when standing and hammering/climbing? Does it have a "active" feel otherwise? Does the type of shock have more of an effect on the "bob" than the VPP or do they work together?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Yes, chain tension is what provides the platform on vpp designs. The harder you hammer, the stiffer the ride. Theoretically, the vpp design should NOT need a platform shock, but many people like the added adjustability to completely lock out the rear.

·
Registered
375 Posts
mojo722 said:
I am curious about the ride of the Blur. With the VPP, does it have a "locked out" feel when standing and hammering/climbing? Does it have a "active" feel otherwise? Does the type of shock have more of an effect on the "bob" than the VPP or do they work together?
I had 5 rides in on my new XC, and really havent experimented enough with
the sag , shock setting to qualify for a review, but the only complaint I have at the
moment is that it doesnt have the same crisp feel when hammering in the saddle flats
in the middle ring as my hardtail would (which is 2 1/2 lbs lighter) . When I look down there is about 1/4 of movement at the shock. This is probably due to the sag, though, and may
be a characteristic of all FS bikes. I love the way this bike handles.
In out of the saddle granny ring climbs up the steep technical, its very smooth, you
can just roll over stuff without feeling that resistance or hesitation, and without
that bob guy.
So it seems like youre still somehow benefitting from the suspension even though
its not completely active. My only beef at this point is the front derailleur isnt
working right. This could be a Shimano trigger issue.
My Suntour shifters still work on my 12 year old hardtail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.