Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Spec FSR XC Pro but it looks like a lot of models have the same basic finish. Is it anodized? It doesn't say so. I would like a finish to hold up like my 1997 Gary Fisher Mamba cro-mo, which looks like some sort of bonded powdercoat or something, and NOT like the paint jobs on my Lemond and Bianchi road bikes!

Does the Spec finish chip like regular paint-on-steel, or rub/scratch off & discolor like clearcoat?

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
depends how you treat it. the paint on my 03 enduro held up ok. it can chip and wear off in places where it's hit with the chain/cables a lot. I'd say it's about average. cannondale probly has the best paint in the business, at least they got one thing goin for em :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an 04 SJ Expert and I have a bunch of paint chips. Paint chipping somewhat easily on 04s have been discussed on the forum, do a search. I'm not that disappointed or worried about it, I do ride the bike pretty hard and chips from rocks and gravel are inevitable. I guess.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.