Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well judging by my back yard having an inch of standing water in some places,more rain steadily coming down, and people currently referring to it as mud shoe, I'm guessing not well. (I'm in MD not to far from snowshoe)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dan wask said:
Well judging by my back yard having an inch of standing water in some places,more rain steadily coming down, and people currently referring to it as mud shoe, I'm guessing not well. (I'm in MD not to far from snowshoe)
How far from there are yah? Can you post up later this week and let me know how things are "really" doing if you remember? Sometimes the weather man is way off, and it turns out the opposite. Opening weekend if I remember correctly was supposed to be a slop fest, but turned out to be tacky fun...damn the weather!:madman:

·
Dr. Bike
205 Posts
Opening weekend completely sucked on Saturday morning but got really good for Sunday. However they didn't have rain for a couple weeks leading up to that and the ground soaked it up. I would guess this weekend is a washout. Also, if there is lightning anywhere close they shut the lifts down.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
david101372 said:
Opening weekend completely sucked on Saturday morning but got really good for Sunday. However they didn't have rain for a couple weeks leading up to that and the ground soaked it up. I would guess this weekend is a washout. Also, if there is lightning anywhere close they shut the lifts down.
Keep us posted if you can guys, there's several of us that are/were planning the trip...:madman:

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
J, hate to tell ya this but Snowshoe drains worse than just about anywhere you'll ride out this way. Ive heard many theories as to why but, in the end, all that matters is that drains very very poorly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
namaSSte said:
J, hate to tell ya this but Snowshoe drains worse than just about anywhere you'll ride out this way. Ive heard many theories as to why but, in the end, all that matters is that drains very very poorly.
Damn...:madman: The only weekend all summer I get a 4 dayer it has to pull a Noah's flood.:sad: :bluefrown: :sad: :smallviolin:

·
Registered
743 Posts
the problem is not that snowshoe doesnt drain but its very hard to ride when it does rain. the freeride side has a lot of roots that get extremely slippery when wet. Plus a lot of the structures/stunts get slippery as well. the downhill side can be better but its hard to ride the berms because they get like thick sloppy peanut butter.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Gman said:
the problem is not that snowshoe doesnt drain but its very hard to ride when it does rain. the freeride side has a lot of roots that get extremely slippery when wet. Plus a lot of the structures/stunts get slippery as well. the downhill side can be better but its hard to ride the berms because they get like thick sloppy peanut butter.
it sounds like bail time...........the roots took me out very fast.....going strait and then just down

·
Only One Way
287 Posts
I love it there

and I ride SSM a few times a year.. and it ALWAYS rains when I am there just the way it is.. If it is to wet it is no fun, the freeride side is slick as snot, and the trails like beaver dam (uper and lower) get very wet.. The gauntlet drains OK but only if it gets a day or two with no rain.. The DH side is in a better position for sun but once again you need at least a day or so of dry weather then you are OK..

Last time I was there it rained while I drove up and all night, the next day was a mud fest sucked but was fun at the same time, we basically stayed off the hairier stuff, the next day with no rain was better and day three was great...

If it looks bad plan another trip sorry... :madman:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Axis said:
Ya I am still going as 3 of my friends still are too. It is gonna be fine SS is always wet, dry or someplace in between.

It is going to RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For your sake and saved 1's, and d-money's, I hope it's dry and you guys come back with "shoulda went"'s. :thumbsup:

·
Dr. Bike
205 Posts
Here's a pic from Saturday during opening weekend. It was so muddy that the rear wheel on my bike was just locked up and skidding down the hill without the brakes on. It did dry out and the following day was awesome but this weekends forecast doesn't look good. There is some nice XC stuff there if it's real muddy. I'd at least do that if you're going regardless.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.