Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who mount their bikes ontop of their cars with a roof rack, specifically SUV owners, how do you do this? Despite being over 6 feet tall, I'd imagine putting a bike ontop of the roof to be very dfficult, so how exactly do you guys accomplish this? I'd much prefer using a roof rack than putting the bike in the rear, not being able to open the trunk or in the trunk, not having any passenger space...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I used to use a small step ladder to get my bikes on top of my LandCruiser. I found it quite a pain, esp with the 40+lb bikes that are common around here. Went to a North Shore Rack and couldnt be happier! See my post below if you are interested...

Cheers

Buzz

·
I bike long tyme.
1,108 Posts
I got a Toyota Matrix which is fairly tall. I can throw my xc bike up there no problem from the ground but I also use a step ladder to get the DH bike up there. It's not that it's too heavy, it just becomes awkward that high above your head. I have no issues at all using or transporting the small ladder. It folds flat, takes minimal space and weighs next to nothing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
And it only gets worse trying to get your bike on or off the roof rack if you have injured yourself during the ride. Not that I know this from any experience or anything ;) but i have a certain disdain for root drops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.