Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does Jeff Lenosky do those barspins where he spins it 360 degrees? I only ask because he has a front brake as well. Does he just have an extra long cable and twist it back when the camera isn't looking? Or what.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
sovietspyguy said:
How does Jeff Lenosky do those barspins where he spins it 360 degrees? I only ask because he has a front brake as well. Does he just have an extra long cable and twist it back when the camera isn't looking? Or what.
I believe his front brake line is routed through the steer tube of his fork. He just uses big lengths of housing for the rear.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Correct.

XSL_WiLL said:
I believe his front brake line is routed through the steer tube of his fork. He just uses big lengths of housing for the rear.
The brake cable/line goes through the steer tube. As for the rear, an extra long housing, or he is running a mechanical disc with a Gyro setup. I have nott seen a closeup of his bike.

If someone has a photo of Lenosky's bike, post it.

·
Just Ride
1,015 Posts
thru the steer tube for the front

then extra long housing for the rear brake and derailleur

it works well, i have mine set up the same way, my front hose rubs sometimes, kinda annoying ic ould fix it with a longer hose but yeah too lazy to do that.

there is a way you can do it with out running it through the steer tube, ive posted about it before, you can only throw them clockwise though. it works alright but yeah its better through the steer tube cause then you can go either way, and if you have enough cable run ot the rear you can do multiple ones...

heres my terrible diagram of my other way to set it up with out going through the steer tube. hopefully you get the idea though. oh it only works for disc brakes....i think, ive never tried other wise. but yeah he definilty runs it trhough the steer tube ive seen pictures of his new STP and yeah its straigh through.

Attachments

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
FrontRanger said:
These images should give you an idea. Looks like chase does the same thing. Look closely at the cable routing from the lever. Sorry these are the best closeups I have.

Pictures don't show up. Could be the computer at school. Don't know.

The guy uses a hollow star fangled nut and compression bolt. And runs his brake line through that.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
zerossix said:
.243 makes a nice pro looking one. thats what im running. comes with starnut, cap, and bolt. i was thinking about it and you could probally just drill a hole in the top cap then in yoru star fangled nut as well...
Drilling is a bad idea. Just use a BMX starnut for 1 1/8 steerers. A shop that deals with some decent BMX bikes should have a few for around 5 bucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.