Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what all the wonderful MTB folks do to support our wonderful habits, like buying a new bike.
Trust Fund?
Maxed out Credit Card?
Good Paying Job?
Second PT Job?
Prostitution?
Street "Pharmaceutical" Sales?

Personally I had to pick up a second job to finance my new bike and continue with upgrades, nonprofit work pays peanuts!

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
All my money

baycat said:
Was wondering what all the wonderful MTB folks do to support our wonderful habits, like buying a new bike.
Trust Fund?
Maxed out Credit Card?
Good Paying Job?
Second PT Job?
Prostitution?

Personally I had to pick up a second job to finance my new bike and continue with upgrades, nonprofit work pays peanuts!
not going to bills, food, prescriptions and cat goes to my bike. Right now my truck needs tires, shocks, a new interior and a heater core. But what I really need is a new big chainring cause my old one is missing a tooth :D

I do have good job but I do not get the big bucks. Instead I have real good hours.

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
i work for a living and while us teachers don't get paid tons, it seems like a lot to me cause for years i was living on peanuts....fortunately we don't have a lot of debt so buying new stuff really isn't an issue....stay away from those credit cards, they will kill you if you are not careful...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm just hoping my tax return will be big enough to afford a new bike :). My current bike seems to break every time I go out for a ride.

I also work insane hours at my low paying casual job. This weekend for example I'm doing 2pm-10pm on Friday, 7am-8pm on Saturday, 7am-9pm on sunday, and then 10am-9pm on Monday. Fun fun fun!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I married a career woman with a dagree so i can be a bike peasant.
She comes home with stress written all over her face and i come home with mud on mine.
Seems to be a nice balance.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Good enough job, hard work, credit card discipline (which doesn't mean staying away from them, but making conscious decisions about using them and a plan to pay the purchase off).

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
baycat said:
Trust Fund?
Maxed out Credit Card?
Good Paying Job?
Second PT Job?
Prostitution?

Shhh... it's a secret. Can't let the wife find out, I'm on double secret probation already. ;)

Seriously though, Closeouts, E-Bay for buying and selling both play nice part.

JmZ

·
Registered
294 Posts
Right now, I'm selling everything I feel I don't use anymore so I can get money for my new bike I'm building up. Since I'm up at college and the parents don't want me to have a job during the school year, I have to resort to the occasional "street pharmaceutical sales"

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
baycat said:
Trust Fund?
Maxed out Credit Card?
Good Paying Job?
Second PT Job?
Prostitution?

Combination of saving a bit out of each paycheck, irresponsible credit card use, and begging (for spousal permission, not $$$ :D )

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Ok, here it goes: kids don't go to school / have only a meal per day, same as wife. They can walk anywhere, right?

Oh, hey, sorry, I forgot, I'm single. Maybe that's how I support my mtb habit :)

Saving money, not too many expenses as married people, I guess.

·
Registered
107 Posts
where are the good paying jobs?

I bought my last (expensive) bike just before I lost my engineering job to outsourcing. General Motors is exporting its engineering jobs to INDIA where engineers will work for $5 an hour. fortunately for me I have a fresh new bike to ride to job interviews. lets hope I dont get a flat. "Hello welcome to wallmart"

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.