Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some ideas of how to store two bikes in my garage. I would prefer not to hang them and prefer to place them in a rack by the wheels.

What's a good rack that isn't too expensive and will fit bikes with 2.5" tires.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
Some in this thread towards the bottom...when they figure out the OP is looking for bike storage, and not a bike repair stand.

My storage rack was super cheap and effective, but you need the space. It also helps to keep the fork stanchions/foam rings lubricated.

Attachments

·
ventanakaz
294 Posts
my house

Lucky i have the house all to myself and my bike has it's own room with blankie, and in the morning i sing. good morning to you good morning to you were all in are places with big ____ ____

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I have one of THESE for my truck, but it works well in the garage as well.
The materials cost me $40 at Lowes. It took me about 90 minutes and a couple beers in the garage to fab up.
The website claims the sun will damage it in a couple years, but mine is running strong after sitting in the bed of my truck for four years straight.

And for the record, most of my bikes hang from the ceiling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i use the rubbermaid fast track. works great for me. holds everything from my mukluk (front tire fits in the hose adapter(doesnt fit the bike tire holder)) to ex8 and everything between. kind of mid range on the price (~$30 a bike if you have to hang horizontal and cant use the longer tracks to double bikes up, evil hydros and short walls). And i can use the extra space on the tracks behind the bikes to store helmet/gloves/lights.

panorama shot from the phone

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
re cycled solution

Retired baby changing station...layed on the side. I have since added more storage off to the side, and just a gear bag goes up top. Space for 4 bikes to be leaned in there (seatstay contacts the support).

Have one of these made up for the kids' two-wheeled bikes (doesn't address the big wheel, 2 tricycles, etc)...stationed on the other side of the work bench. Simple. Cheap. Functional.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.