Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly NattyBoh74...
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering, i lknow certain tires cannot be inside if you have gas heat becasue it can dry out the rubber and so on. i was wondering thats a good way to store tires? i have them hanging in the shed ( concrete floor and about 15x15 size. it basically looks like a little house. anyway, sometimes i have an electric coil heater going but not all the time. is this fine? or should i pout some talcum powder on the rubber? Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I personally store my tires in the fridge, just so I know that they will be safe. Seriously, dont worry about tire storage. Most of the rubber has so much preservatives and chemicals in it that it takes many many years for the rubber to dry out.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Ozone is what eats some rubbers and makes them crack. Combustion heaters and cars give off ozone. Really cold temps can also make rubber brittle and crack. Room temp away from exhaust should be fine.

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
I had a similar post not too long ago...

I have been piling on my fav tires on sale over the years. I got concerened about them drying/cracking since I am not getting to new sets fast enuff. I bought a super mega size ziploc bag and store the new tires sealed and keep them in room temp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.