Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes yes "what's the big deal, it's just a tire that will get dirty."

I have a Adrenaline front and a Cinder rear. The Adrenaline has a glossy black sidewall. The Cinder has a chalky grey side wall, so it looks like I am running a grey tire in the rear. It is not a big deal but enough to annoy me. If I scrape the surface of the Cinder with my fingernail, the chalky residue comes off and a black surface is revealed. How do I do this on the rest of the tire?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
I had the same issue

Lumbee1 said:
Yes yes "what's the big deal, it's just a tire that will get dirty."

I have a Adrenaline front and a Cinder rear. The Adrenaline has a glossy black sidewall. The Cinder has a chalky grey side wall, so it looks like I am running a grey tire in the rear. It is not a big deal but enough to annoy me. If I scrape the surface of the Cinder with my fingernail, the chalky residue comes off and a black surface is revealed. How do I do this on the rest of the tire?
Short answer-you're screwed. If this is the same issue I have, it's the actual lettering of the word "Cinder" on the tire. It looks like an oversprayed stencil job. Unless you're willing to scrape away as you have indicated, then there's not much that can be done. I was disappointed too, but I've learned to live with it.

Let us know if you find an easy fix.

Bob

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to clean one side of the wheel off with my fingernail. Unfortunately it took a very long time and I still didn't get inbetween the knobs very well.

The lettering appears to be a bad stencil while the chalky residue looks like a environmental covering to protect the rubber from dry rot (vehicle tire manufacturers do this as well).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.