1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka RossC
936 Posts
You have two choices.

1. You use Yellow Green Text Photograph White
this button and upload your image directly into the thread
2. You use Text Font Monochrome Black-and-white Graphics
this button and link it to a URL. (you will only find this button under "advanced" reply)

The advantage of #2 is that people can see the links when they receive email notification of a reply and so can follow the links to the pics without having to open the thread.

Each MTBR member gets their own gallery that they can upload their pics to so I host my pics in my members gallery so that the URL will remain active as long as the thread is around. It is really annoying when you dig up an old thread and all the hosted images are no longer valid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Open your pic in MS Paint and select: -> Image,-> stretch/skew. Enter the percentage that you wish to reduce your photo to: eg: 25 in both horizontal and vertical fields. Hit OK, and save as a different filename before uploading to your gallery. :cool:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Kraygus said:
Open your pic in MS Paint and select: -> Image,-> stretch/skew. Enter the percentage that you wish to reduce your photo to: eg: 25 in both horizontal and vertical fields. Hit OK, and save as a different filename before uploading to your gallery. :cool:
Another option is to email the picture to yourself, then save that image.
The one you recieve in your email will be smaller.

That's the mad way I do it.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
my windoze way...

yetibetty said:
Another option is to email the picture to yourself, then save that image.
The one you recieve in your email will be smaller.

That's the mad way I do it.
  • Get IrfanView. Install. Set it as a viewer for JPG images in the setup.
  • Open image
  • Select Image - Resize/Resample Image
  • Choose 640x480 or 800x600 as a size as they work better for web forums
  • Press OK.
  • Select File/Save as
  • Enter a new file name

//add in the screw up order of images for teh whin!!!!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.