ziscwg said:I finally got that little bugger out. The pedal finally started making an scary creek, so I had to figure this one out.
To remove the axle.
To remove the old bushing
- Take the end cap off and remove the nut (10 mm socket).
- With the axle centered between two open vise jaws, use a punch on the tip of the axle and force it out the crank arm end of the pedal.
- Remove the bearing and replace if needed.
To put the new one in:
- Put a small screwdriver (2mm blade or something)between the seal and the beige bushing.
- Pry moderately hard. The seal will then come out.
- Take a 8mm hex wrench and stick it through the other side of the pedal and hit it with a mallet to get the bushing out.
Reassemble the pedal
- Center it in place with a screwdriver with the shaft of the screwdriver through the pedal.
- Have the bushing against the handle of the screwdriver and hit it with mallet to get it started.
- Take the old bushing and use it a punch and whack it with the mallet until the new bushing is all the way in.
- grease inside the bushing with a qtip or something similar.
It took me about 5 min a pedal.
I hope this helps someone else. TIMEs website is just bellow useless on this kind of stuff.