Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is as follows: I have a like new Deemax wheelset and can't afford to buy new a new hub or anything for the wheels that is more then 100 bucks. So i need you guy to help me out. I have seen many DHR with Deemax on them and i want to know how they got it to work. i have the 10mm 135mm spacing Deemax and i need to get them to work with my new DHR frame 12mm through Axel 135mm spacing. PLEASE HELP!

I have been told many times that this will never work and even more times that there is a way.

thing i have been getting as responses around the Internet:

1) get a saint converter kit from mavic. This will alow you to run the 12mm axel of the saint rear der. but instead of runnig the der. run it through with the hadley 12mm axel that comes with the DHR.

2) get from hadley, a 20-10 axel, they already make the 20-12 axel for the DHR and should have a 20-10. then just run the deemax the way they are.

3) see if another company makes a conversion kit for the mavic deemax hub: called hadley didn't have one, I was told from countless people mavic doesn't make one. HOWEVER maybe Therapy Components have one they make it for chrissking hub maybe they have something that will work with the deemax hub.

I am up for anything else that you guys can come up with, as long as its not custom fabricate one, or go buy a new hub or wheelset!

thanks
-zac

PS: talked to Turner and Hadley. Turner had nothing that could help me and tried to do everything to help me (great customer service!!) but they told me to go ahead and give Hadley a call. I then asked Hadley about a hub conversion kit and they said they make nothing that would work with a Mavic Deemax Hub, but i am going to call hadley later on and ask about the 20-10 axel. Can't call them now it to late.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
The ones you've seen have different hubs.

And a saint axle is a 10mm. At least mine is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really so there is not way, buying an new hub would cost me as much as selling my wheels and buying a new set

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
ZMTBER said:
really so there is not way, buying an new hub would cost me as much as selling my wheels and buying a new set

It wouldn't be that difficult to find a machinist to make you some reducers but with as thick as the dropouts of a dhr are, you'd need some pretty long bolts to extend past them to get nuts to thread on.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd just sell the wheels and build up some new ones. You can build up some wheels that are just as good. I know it sucks because you already have the deemaxs but they won't work unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
10mm what

is the Mavic a through axle? If so Hadley probably has 10x20 reducers for the DHR as we get the reducers and axle from them.

DT

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i gave them a call they said they don't have it and the only reason why they have the 12X20 is because "turner aproched us"

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
My deemaxs (05) are bolt on only. This means the threaded pieces are fixed and there's no way you're going to get them into the frame since they stick out beyond 135mm. Even adapters wouldn't do you any good.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, well i talked to my friend and we worked out a deal i got hope up front hadley with ti bolt kit in the rear (with adaptors) so it should work. Looks like im going to be riding my DHR this summer, i will post pics when its complete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts