Votes: 5 12.8%
  • I only buy disposable bottles

Votes: 1 2.6%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my preference, just wondering what you guys do.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
In the summer I freeze less than 1/2 over night and put water on top of it, the ice lasts longer.

I never put Gatorade or anything like that in my bottles.

·
No known cure
5,745 Posts
I use a bladder and a bottle of sports drink cut with tap water* for longer rides. Sometimes I'll just squeeze a lime and shake some sea salt into the bottle. I also carry two full size bottles of water for the dog in the pack once the creeks stop flowing. He drinks from a quick bottle squirt or from the packable bowl.

*I used to test the water for the local water district, and the well water is so pure, we had to fudge the numbers to meet parameters.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have three Victoria Secrete models get in my bath tub, then I fill the tub with water. after they have played around and splashed each other for a bit, I take the cap off the water bottle, submerge the bottle, allowing it to fill. I then put the cap back on with the bottle still under water.

after all this, i usually change my mind about riding and decide to stay put...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I used to hire part timers to fill my bottles. But when they wanted to raise their minimum wage to $15 an hour, it got too expensive, so I resorted to using illegal aliens. Then ICE snatched 'em up, so now I'm taking classes at a community college to learn how to fill my own bottles.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I reenact the scene from Trainspotting but with a bottle in hand. It is a pain to fly to Scotland every time I want to refill the bottle.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
First, should this be under the "hard hitting questions of the week" thread?

I can see some great followup polls:

When putting on shorts what body part to you put through the leg first?
Gloves, which hand do you prefer putting the right hand glove on? (similar poll for shoes)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I've recently started participating in volunteer days for the trail builders.

That gives me an idea. I should have volunteer days to fill all my water bottles with various drinks so they are available for me to choose from for a week.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.