Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode/raced motocross way before I started into mtn biking. I find DH and motocross very similar and have noticed that when I am not able to race MX I do a lot more riding mtn bikes...and it keeps my MX skills in tact. There is nothing more fun than screaming down a good DH course dicing with your buddies, taking different lines, trying block passes and so on. Does anyone else race motocross and use mtn biking to stay in shape for it?

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Tons.

I know many many people that do that these days. As for how I feel about it... Hm yea I'de say I feel pretty good about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
thread..

Nice a thread I can relate to....I have been riding and racing dirtbikes for a while know..I do enduros and harescrambles instead of moto....I started mountainbiking just recently because of the workout..know I am hooked there is no better way to excercise that I can think of....

·
Registered
616 Posts
MX is what got me into mtn bikes. Back in 1988 I got my first mtn bike to help my aerobic fitness and bike handling skills. I know a lot of mtn bikers who are former MX racers. Excellent cross-over sport. I even raced my mtn bike on a MX track once. Hardest race I ever did. Big whoops are hard to ride on a mtn bike.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Homer Simpson said:
MX is what got me into mtn bikes. Back in 1988 I got my first mtn bike to help my aerobic fitness and bike handling skills. I know a lot of mtn bikers who are former MX racers. Excellent cross-over sport. I even raced my mtn bike on a MX track once. Hardest race I ever did. Big whoops are hard to ride on a mtn bike.
I used to ride woods alot and found mtn biking to be close, the downhill part anyway. You're right, it is a good cross over sport.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts