Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Your bike is incorrigible
Joined
·
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is another thread about this in DH/FR, but I want to know how you feel about the man himself. What do you think about his signing on with Santa Cruz? Is he a sell out? Is he just making a smart business move? What about all the things he said in interviews about loving being close to Orange and feeling like he was part of the family? What about how he seemed committed to representing Britain as much as possible? Don't get me wrong. He is an awesome rider and deserves to sign with whomever he wants, but I feel like he has lost some of my respect.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,422 Posts
Guyechka said:
I know there is another thread about this in DH/FR, but I want to know how you feel about the man himself. What do you think about his signing on with Santa Cruz? Is he a sell out? Is he just making a smart business move? What about all the things he said in interviews about loving being close to Orange and feeling like he was part of the family? What about how he seemed committed to representing Britain as much as possible? Don't get me wrong. He is an awesome rider and deserves to sign with whomever he wants, but I feel like he has lost some of my respect.
Peaty's the man!!
Signing with SC, buisness.
Sell out, got to pay the bills.
Buisness move, of course.
Orange family, doin buisness.
Committed to Britan, drinks only Brit beer.
When you are a pro you have to go with what pays the bills & you can retire comfotably. These people need to be xcelnt husstlers to get as much product sponsorship as possible. If they lived on just 1 contract they would be broke.
He owns a bar in Canada :D
 

·
Your bike is incorrigible
Joined
·
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand, but all the same

what do you think it will do to his British cred? in every copy of MTBUK i ever bought, there were at least five pictures of Peaty. he was their man. now, however, what are they going to think of him? and i wonder what Orange is saying about him.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,422 Posts
Guyechka said:
what do you think it will do to his British cred? in every copy of MTBUK i ever bought, there were at least five pictures of Peaty. he was their man. now, however, what are they going to think of him? and i wonder what Orange is saying about him.
Dont feel he will have a problem with his people, he was on GT beffor & we cheared him then & it will continue untill we find a new hereo. Look what happended to Nico.
Orange im shure looks at it as a buisness decision & probibly did what they could keep him but the grass was a little greener.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
I work for a company that helps me pay my bills... why Peaty shouldn't??

In the end, it's Orange who's to blame for no giving him as much as SC. He would have stayed there. No he's not a sell out. Just a person like you and me.
 

·
my girl rides also
Joined
·
650 Posts
In the words of AC/DC.....

Guyechka said:
I know there is another thread about this in DH/FR, but I want to know how you feel about the man himself. What do you think about his signing on with Santa Cruz? Is he a sell out? Is he just making a smart business move? What about all the things he said in interviews about loving being close to Orange and feeling like he was part of the family? What about how he seemed committed to representing Britain as much as possible? Don't get me wrong. He is an awesome rider and deserves to sign with whomever he wants, but I feel like he has lost some of my respect.


.....money talks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Met him once at a bike show (on the Orange stand),
very nice down to earth bloke,signed an Orange bike shirt for my son,
wish him well for the future in his racing and as a family man (think he recently became a dad).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Guyechka said:
I know there is another thread about this in DH/FR, but I want to know how you feel about the man himself. What do you think about his signing on with Santa Cruz? Is he a sell out? Is he just making a smart business move? What about all the things he said in interviews about loving being close to Orange and feeling like he was part of the family? What about how he seemed committed to representing Britain as much as possible? Don't get me wrong. He is an awesome rider and deserves to sign with whomever he wants, but I feel like he has lost some of my respect.
Maybe he felt that he could go faster on the Santa Cruz VPP design as opposed to the
fairly primitive Orange single pivots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Dirty Something said:
Maybe he felt that he could go faster on the Santa Cruz VPP design as opposed to the
fairly primitive Orange single pivots.
Does that mean that if he doesn't win the championship on the Santa Cruz then the VPP
design etc etc is just a load of hype.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,735 Posts
The same as I feel about...

every other pro. Who is he?

Just kidding (sorta), I've seen him race before when my friend was racing at the Nationals but otherwise I just don't pay attention to sports personas.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
226 Posts
I like the other "how do you feel" threads

Also. At least they were kind of funny. Who the heck is Steve Peat anyway?
 

·
I ride a Swarf
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
I'll still cheer him on. :) Hes a good rider and he's Britsish...and more importantly English...so that gets my vote lol. I am sure there of plenty of German Schumacher fans even though drives an Italian car.

Stu
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
226 Posts
856er said:
Oh please don't re enforce the already accepted worldwide image that Americans only
know whats going on in there own backyard,
I know its not true (I think).

http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=705



http://www.stevepeat.com/
http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/thisispeat/
Im from America, thats what we do. ;) The only reason we pay attention to the Tour de France is because of Lance, sad, but it is true. I am sure people will argue with me on this, but they will be lying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Joe Dirt said:
Im from America, thats what we do. ;) The only reason we pay attention to the Tour de France is because of Lance, sad, but it is true. I am sure people will argue with me on this, but they will be lying.
Nan don't believe it,I'm sure most are pretty well informed ;)
anyway you are the politest nation I've experianced on any MTB related forum,
overhere you would have more expletives than any informed discussion :D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Shazbot90210 said:
????? I'm gay :eek:
Sorry to here it :confused: but each to there own eh,

I'm happily married with 2 children, but its your life choice live with it.

back on topic Steve Peat is straight to, and resently became a dad,probably why he's jumped ship,looking to the future financially,good luck to him.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top