Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
May The Force Be With You
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
when in hot climates such as the south west... UT, AZ, SOCAL.

when wearing full sleeve jerseys, DH pants and pads, how do you keep cool while waiting for your start time?

i've been wearing shorts/knee/shin pad combo, with pressure suit, elbow pads and a Hawaiian tee shirt. besides trying to find shade and drinking water, how do you guys put up with the heat?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Be glad you guys don't live in Austin. Yesterday I went out and it was 102 degree on the trail. Unfortunately I could only make it out riding during the afternoon. It sucked because I had just got a new fork on my bike a 55 ETA, Thanks to Chad at Red Barn Bikes, and I could only make Half of the Loop after 45 min of being in the Heat. And on top of this Heat hear in Texas we have a lot of humidity. Sorry to B*tch so much but yesterday was just frustrating.
Stay Cool,
Mctigre
P.S. Anyone know where to hook up the Air connection on a 55ETA?

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Yeah, AZ gets hotter but at least the humidity is almost nonexistent. It was 112 today but only 9% humidity. Yay.
Edit: as for the 55ETA, if it's like my 55R the air valve is under the top cap on the right side. It just unscrews, uses a schraeder valve.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.