Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Hammer and Screwdriver

But don't do it, you will ruin the BB. The spacers are pressed on the spindle so the crank arm has a surface to seat firmly against.

Why are you considering it? Do you want a shorter BB spindle? ISIS is usually 113mm for triple ATB, but you can usually run 108mm for singlespeed...

JMH

sarcon69 said:

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
wait are you guys talkign about the spacer on the driveside that goes inbetween the frame and lockring or somethong else on the bb itself? im just confused and want some clarification

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got a deity crankset setup and i need to switch out the bottom brackets. The bb tool wont fit over the spacers and its pissing me off, why the hell do they press them on? Its a raceface evolve bb

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
New tool

It sounds like you need a new BB tool... Older BB tools have the same spline pattern as newer tools but were designed for use with square-taper bottom brackets. The center hole sometimes isn't big enough to clear the ISIS spindle collars (which you already know...) :(

JMH

sarcon69 said:
i got a deity crankset setup and i need to switch out the bottom brackets. The bb tool wont fit over the spacers and its pissing me off, why the hell do they press them on? Its a raceface evolve bb

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
f opinion - you DID get the wrong tool - the newer tool will clear the ISIS spindles - DONT try to remove the 'spacers' - not a good plan.

And the newer tool will work on old aquare taper (does anyone really still use them?)

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Yeah, I bought the wrong cassette tool not paying attention. They were and he ran out and exchanged the one I bought with a different one. They tried to give me an off brand and I demanded Park... because my dad did. LOL.

So I got the right tool and I just exchanged it because it was the same price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.