Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading alot on these forums and come up with alot of good infomation....I am just lacking foundation....

for instance....i have the cano f5 that has the RSdart2 fork. I would like to replace it with a better fork but dont know what limitations i can place on it.

I know the fork travel distance has to do with the geometry of the bike and my weight and the style of riding i do....I just missed the part where it states what goes with what?

can anyone direct me to a chart of these geometry/weight/riding laws?

im about 265lbs, 6ft tall, and i am in south florida so , no hills, just roots and trails...for 200bucks?
what shock would suit me ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Call the frame manufacturer to make sure that you don't void your frame warranty with a fork that's too long. Better to talk to the people that know (frame builder, suspension company, etc) than listening to some of the people on this board.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Check with cannondale or your local dealer on the max travel... I would guess the F models use 100m at the most...but just make sure...after that you just need to start looking for nice deals ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.