Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new set of 2007 Juicy 7's (front-185, rear-160). Since this is my first set of hydros, I want to bedd them in and set them up right the first time. :thumbsup:

I had a set of BB7 previously, and liked them, but need way more power for aggressive riding. Please help with info or links-threads.

THNX:D

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
I forgot to add the part about dancing widdershins around the bike buck naked, chanting in Latin ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Per Avid:
Get up some speed, lightly drag the brakes but don't completely stop the bike, release and repeat several times - no hard stops yet. This transfers pad material to the rotors. Next, get up some speed and make several hard braking runs (again not coming to a complete stop) - this puts heat into the pads which is required to develop good bite.

Personally, (cause I live in flat lands) I put my bike on motorized treadmill (one wheel at a time), ran it up to 10 MPH, and did the above mentioned routine - quick and easy bedding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.