Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PokeyOne
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arriving on the 11th for 5 days of riding.
Should I ship my bike?
It's only $20 more to fly with my bike on SouthWest, but then I have to schlep it up there with me.
Shuttle Van?
Lyft SUV?
Is there a public bus that goes up there?

Thanks,
Gregory

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
If you can ship it right to your destination (condo, hotel, whatever) and ship it home, I'd do that. Call shuttle companies in Salt Lake and ask them about transporting bikes, if you fly with it.
UTA has a contact number for customer service: Contact Customer Service
It may be easiest to call them.
At a glance, it looks like there is bus service to Kimball Junction. Once there, using the bus in PC is easy: https://www.parkcity.org/home/showdocument?id=63387

It's probably best to just take a shuttle to your destination though. I'm guessing the bus from SLC to PC requires lots of hassle.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Careful with flying a bike on Southwest. The sports equipment part of their website doesn't list a max size for a bike case, so it leads you to believe any size is fine. But if you check the oversize baggage part of the website, the max size of oversize baggage is listed, and is smaller than the vast majority of bike cases. I drove to the airport with my Thule Roundtrip Transition case and the ticket person at Southwest confirmed it couldn't fly. Also called customer service (twice), and they said it could fly, but recanted after I directed them to the appropriate part of the website.

Though I have riding friends that have successfully flown Southwest with the exact case I have. So I guess it just depends on the vigilance / slackness of the ticket person on the day of your flight.

Two others on my trip shipped to the FedEx office near Park City.

I rented from Contender, and they were great. If you rent for a full week, the daily rate goes down to be the equivalent of about $320 / week. I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.