Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Icebiker
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm helping a buddy out by overhauling his 2004 Manitou Minute 1:00. The shaft that the blue rebound adjuster (on the bottom of the right leg) is attached to (by coarse thread screw) is made of plastic (or perhaps cheese?) and is cracked to the point where it no longer holds the rebound adjuster.

I got the fork's lowers off, but couldn't find a way to get at that plastic rebound adjuster shaft (it's deep inside the inner's "plunger". Can this shaft be replaced, or do I need a whole now inner leg and/or "plunger"? If too much of a hassle to replace, is there another way to turn that rebound shaft if I can't re-attach the knob?

Any guidance appreciated.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Unfortunately, the only repair is to replace the damper itself. The rod is not replaceable. I have a few broken SPV's laying around as well. They may be hard to come by today, the last place I knew that had them was Enduroforkseals.com.

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
Yes they're crimped together and unservicable. A shame really as the older manitou forks (i.e. Xverts) had anodised aluminium shafts which were rebuildable.

The damper shafts aren't just fork specific, the same length damper shaft could be used in a variety of forks (shermans, minutes, blacks etc).

If you get really stuck I have some used parts here that might be able to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.