Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would ask the bikeshop but he wants me to buy springs and lighter oil from him and put everything on but its running fine with one spring, he said not to do it and not to open up the fork but everyone that posted here on my thread said its fine so i did it so how do i change oil?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
shook_dh said:
i would ask the bikeshop but he wants me to buy springs and lighter oil from him and put everything on but its running fine with one spring, he said not to do it and not to open up the fork but everyone that posted here on my thread said its fine so i did it so how do i change oil?
www.sram.com
there are manuals and info there. boxxers take different oil weights in each side. search here and ridemonkey for boxxer info. i found some great threads on boxxer maint/mods.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Check on line like dream4est linked. It is very simple after you check on line, loosen top cap, remove front wheel & brake caliper, remove forks, remove top cap then spring, carefull it will drip oil, turn fork upside down & stroke (the fork) to pump out oil. Fill to proper volume stoke to burp bubbles install spring & cap then do the other side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.