Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I jsut built up my new frame, jamis dakar xam 2.0, with my parts from my 2006 jamis komodo and it is HEAVY. I weighed it and it was about 38.5 to 39 pounds, so not exactly easy to climb with, which I have to do a lot. Like stated I have some dual duty FR rims and I am not sure how they compare in the weight department? They are pretty stiff but i think i could get away with a lighter rim and not beat it up. I looked at the given weights but im not sure if they have redesigned the rim since 2006 so im not sure if i can trust those. i was looking at dt swiss 5.1 or mavic 823 or 729 i think were the numbers. also i am runing 2.25 IRC trailbears front and back.
thanks for any info all

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have WTB Dual Duty Rims with 20mm x 110mm WTB Laser Disc DH front hub and 9mmQR x 135mm WTB SpeedDisc XC rear hub as my back up wheelset and WTB spokes. It's alot lighter than my Mavic Deetraks wheelset on my Marin Quake and is comparable in weight to my DT 5.1D's with DT Champion spokes and 20mm x 110mm front and 9mm QR x 135mm Hope Pro 2 hubs. It's actually a good and affordable AM wheelset.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.