Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here in AZ, this is what the Boo crew did:D Thanks again to TiSSer for some outstanding video work. This ride HURT, but it hurt soooo good :thumbsup:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
Carvin's Cove Virginia annual FROTY ride (First Ride of the Year) great day with about 50-60 other riders. We had 13 folks in our group. Great trails and riding and then Big Burgers and beer afterwards.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Breakin' in some New Year's rubber

I spent the day rollin' some new tires. Both tubeless, 2.4 NN up front and 2.25 RR in rear. This is my first tubeless experience and I love them so far.

Wish I had some riding pics, but no one else would ride with me in 20 degree weather at 9am. I say, what better way to start the year!

Attachments

·
EDR
10,498 Posts
Great video. You guys kept up a real nice flow, it made the trails look much less daunting than they really are.

I still have yet to hit Holbert b/c I have no idea where it dumps out at or the best way to get back up.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
canal spin back

eatdrinkride said:
Great video. You guys kept up a real nice flow, it made the trails look much less daunting than they really are.

I still have yet to hit Holbert b/c I have no idea where it dumps out at or the best way to get back up.
There are options... you can head on down to the canal and spin back or you can climb 24th St. which pops out on mormon. Or, you could just join us and allow the Boo Crew to be your guide:D

·
Registered
Shimano, Fox
537 Posts
Swade,

How do like the tire combo so far? I'm considering the same setup on my Pivot Mach 5. By the way, what does the width of each measure in at? I have Conti Mountain Kings 2.2 which aren't bad. They seem to run very narrow and the front has washed out a couple times.

Nice looking build! I was debating between 575, Blur LT2 and Pivot Mach 5.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
swade said:
I spent the day rollin' some new tires. Both tubeless, 2.4 NN up front and 2.25 RR in rear. This is my first tubeless experience and I love them so far.

Wish I had some riding pics, but no one else would ride with me in 20 degree weather at 9am. I say, what better way to start the year!
have the same combo but the NN still waits in the box for it's turn upfront. The RR is great on dry conditions and not as bad as I was warned on muddy conditions. The RR is sure not reccomended for wet though!. Enjoy

·
Registered
260 Posts
edbraunbeck said:
Swade,

How do like the tire combo so far? I'm considering the same setup on my Pivot Mach 5. By the way, what does the width of each measure in at? I have Conti Mountain Kings 2.2 which aren't bad. They seem to run very narrow and the front has washed out a couple times.

Nice looking build! I was debating between 575, Blur LT2 and Pivot Mach 5.
The combo is great to this point. But that's only riding on frozen dirt this time of year. I can't wait for warm weather to really do some shreddin'. They are very true to size from what I can tell. The 2.25 RR is substantially bigger and higher volume that my 2.1 Nevegals. This setup seems to have great cush and grip and rolls and accelerates great. I haven't settled on the best psi yet. Ran them at 31-32 so far and I'm going to drop it to 28-30.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
Could only wish...spent the last four days with my disabled daughter. That has its rewards too. Missed a 70 degree day Sunday, now it's 30 with a nasty wind chill. Going to build trail next weekend, paying my dues, but might be a ride along with it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
used2Bhard said:
Freezing my butt off of course! 22 Miles, 1750' and 6 inches of fresh powder. It was a blast.
A YETI in its natural habitat

·
Ridin bikes is fun
784 Posts
Nice video, you guys make it look so easy. I rode Holbert for the first time on the 30th with Kathleen (DurtGurl) and a group she got together. I have an ASR and Kathleen has a 5” 29er and everybody else had 6” bikes or more. So I was a bit worried about how I would handle it. I did very well though. I think everyone was surprised that I could do so well on a XC race bike. I was not the alpha dog on that ride for sure.

So on the 1st I went to Pass Mountain with a buddy, thinking I just rode Holbert so Pass Mountain would be easy. Not true, that trail is a pain in the neck, literally I was over the bars twice and bent my derailleur hanger. And the hikers were thick, I still love that trail though. But what a beautiful day it was here in AZ. I would love to have a 575 someday for trails like these, but the ASR is getting the job done for now.

Happy New year, all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.