Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sedona MTB Fest normally happens in March but got cancelled this year due to COVID. How did the event organizers handle this for those who had already purchased tickets for the event? Ie - were ticket holders offered a refund or were they told that their tickets would apply for the next scheduled event date? Reason I ask is that I was about to purchase an event ticket from their website and the following info is displayed before the Purchase button:

"I understand that Sedona Mountain Bike Festival does not offer cancellations due to bad weather or for any other reason."

That piqued my curiosity as far as how they handled the COVID cancellation. Also, has anyone experienced rain at one of these past events? I think there was light rain at Vail Outlier Festival a few years ago and things carried on normally. But I'm wondering if there's a threshold for rain where the MTB vendors don't want to submit their $8K MTB"s to muddy conditions and event organizers would consider riding conditions too high risk. Was wondering what others experience was during rainy conditions at Sedona MTB Fest in the past

· Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,698 Posts
Sedona MTB Fest normally happens in March but got cancelled this year due to COVID. How did the event organizers handle this for those who had already purchased tickets for the event? Ie - were ticket holders offered a refund or were they told that their tickets would apply for the next scheduled event date? Reason I ask is that I was about to purchase an event ticket from their website and the following info is displayed before the Purchase button:

"I understand that Sedona Mountain Bike Festival does not offer cancellations due to bad weather or for any other reason."

That piqued my curiosity as far as how they handled the COVID cancellation. Also, has anyone experienced rain at one of these past events? I think there was light rain at Vail Outlier Festival a few years ago and things carried on normally. But I'm wondering if there's a threshold for rain where the MTB vendors don't want to submit their $8K MTB"s to muddy conditions and event organizers would consider riding conditions too high risk. Was wondering what others experience was during rainy conditions at Sedona MTB Fest in the past
It is scheduled for November 12-14 this year so it hasn't been canceled yet. Sedona MTB Festival

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.