Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a Mojo for a new bike. I was wondering how cold is to cold for your Mojo? The winters are cold with lots of snow where I live! How does your bike do in the winter months?

Thanks for any info!

·
flow where ever you go
1,526 Posts
The mojo could care less, my chain and my hands are a different story.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I ride in temperatures up to -15C but that limit does not have anything to do with how my Mojo copes with the cold. The reason for the limit is that it is not fun anymore to ride when temperatures drop to below -15C.

·
Raupe Nimmersatt
63 Posts
The sag could miraculously increase a few minutes after you left home... ;) Last winter I went out into temperatures up to -10°C. This year I only went trekking overnight when it suddenly turned -15°C whereas the weather report still said -5°C. Generally, it´s not so much a problem for the bike, although the suspension might feel a little odd and slow.
When the ground is frozen stiff in these temperatures, you´ll get the best grip ever during the year. It´s just plain fun to ride like this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. I was just wondering about the Carbon and the Cold weather!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
283 Posts
It was 9 degrees fahrenheit . . .

when I rode last week.

·
DWlink Fanboy
201 Posts
biggest issue is not the Mojo

I find that around 20 degrees, the fork oil starts thinking it is honey and the rebound damping becomes waaaay slow. The Mojo is a champ in the New England weather. I was out last week when it was 8 Farenheit (-13 C) - no Mojo issues.

·
Let's fly!
433 Posts
I had a Hayes Nine hydro blow out at about 10F. Not 100% certain it was the cold, but I pulled the brake and fluid spewed out of the o-rings in the caliper. No more braking, rebuild required.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts