Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a rigid SS.

I had a 2.2 on the back, but for some reason it was feeling small, so over the weekend I threw a 2.4 on there that I had lying around. After putting it in the frame, it looked huge and now I am trying to figure out if it is overkill.

Anyone out there running big tires in the back?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, that is kind of how it looks.

I have no idea if I am enjoying it yet or not. I just put it on there and began second guessing it. I will be riding in Pisgah next weekend, so maybe I will leave them on to see how it goes.

One thing I did notice right away was that the bike is heavier.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I tried several tire combo last season...
REARS:
Love the 2.4 purgatory in the rear, best traction,braking and rolling resistance mix (a bit weak on the sidewalls)

Fr3 2.35, incredible cornering, very THOUGH sidewalls

Ardent 2.4 low rolling resistance, thougher sidewalls than the purgatory but lack a bit of traction on steep loose stuff. Very predictable tire, the ultimate front.

·
Dickhouse
299 Posts
Rigid SS. WWLT 2.55 front, Maxxis Aspen 2.1 rear this spring. Last year was WTB Nanoraptor 2.1 that I loved, but it fell apart.

LBIkid said:
I run WWLT 2.55s front and back on my rigid, and Wolverine 2.2 (front) and Prowler 2.1 (rear) on my HT.
Do you notice the WWLT 2.55 in the rear. I have gone back and forth on putting one on the rear, but haven't been able to pull the trigger. Tell me about it...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.