Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I was hikin back there today and its a MESS. Lots of tress and leave piles on the trail. Most of the trail had water runnin down it. BIG RUTS on most of the stuff that I saw. Some places the trail has washed out and its compltely different back there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
zeroc0o0l said:
I was hikin back there today and its a MESS. Lots of tress and leave piles on the trail. Most of the trail had water runnin down it. BIG RUTS on most of the stuff that I saw. Some places the trail has washed out and its compltely different back there.
Thanks for the heads-up! Sounds like we may have to look to Belmont this weekend.

As and aside: In the three years I have lived in Philly, mother nature has affected the trails so much more than us biking folks ever could. It is amazing how much the trails change after these massive rain dumps. Guess it keeps things interesting out there :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
stymie said:
As and aside: In the three years I have lived in Philly, mother nature has affected the trails so much more than us biking folks ever could. It is amazing how much the trails change after these massive rain dumps. Guess it keeps things interesting out there :cool:
word.

-scoon
 

·
Inbred Homebrewer
Joined
·
847 Posts
stymie said:
As and aside: In the three years I have lived in Philly, mother nature has affected the trails so much more than us biking folks ever could. :
Nonsense. It's all due to me & Fe riding there in the rain last sunday. :skep:

Have a good weekend. We're heading to upstate NY tomorrow morning. :cool:
 

·
Trail eater
Joined
·
229 Posts
sigh......

its times like these I wish I had a road bike.

As for wiss, Im giving it a miss. Till then Im going to tear up Belmont now knowing that there are miles more singletrack past the carpark at montgomery road/ave :thumbsup:
 

·
Trail eater
Joined
·
229 Posts
lanceh said:
how is the drainage at belmont? i was planning to show up tonight.
I have ridden out there after down pours which soaked wiss right thru however belmont appeared to have drained well. Ofcourse there were parts that were muddy but in no way a comparison with wissa. Mind you we have had some serious rain in the last few days but I bet it will be still rideable.
At the very least, check it out and report back to us. We'd all appreciate it alot:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
zeroc0o0l said:
I was hikin back there today and its a MESS. Lots of tress and leave piles on the trail. Most of the trail had water runnin down it. BIG RUTS on most of the stuff that I saw. Some places the trail has washed out and its compltely different back there.
****. I was just getting used to the last big change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Stick said:
Nonsense. It's all due to me & Fe riding there in the rain last sunday. :skep:

Have a good weekend. We're heading to upstate NY tomorrow morning. :cool:
I was going to mention names, but I thought I'd play nice ;) You and those HUGE tyres, it's only a matter of time before FOW comes after you!

Have a good trip upstate, we should try to do something the following weekend :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
bigkeith said:
i'm going to try ti get down to Middle Run/ White Clay in newark delaware. if anyone is interested let me know so that i wont change my mind. :)
Hey Keith, have you got the On-One back on the trails? Hope so!

I'd love to head down to Middle Run some time, sounds cool. Just a question of logisitics, what is the average time door-to-door for a ride down there (ie: driving time + riding time)?
 

·
Inbred Homebrewer
Joined
·
847 Posts
stymie said:
Have a good trip upstate, we should try to do something the following weekend :thumbsup:
Sounds good. Sorry for dropping the ball completely last weekend re: Barley Creek Summerfest & the trip to Camelback, etc. Just figured that, given the weather, it probably would've been a washout anyway.

My apologies...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Stick said:
Sounds good. Sorry for dropping the ball completely last weekend re: Barley Creek Summerfest & the trip to Camelback, etc. Just figured that, given the weather, it probably would've been a washout anyway.

My apologies...
No worries, I kinda got confused about the dates myself. We have been scooting out when we get a chance, and when there is a break in the weather, which basically means we have not really ridden that much!

I spoke to Chip earlier, and suggested we all get together next weekend for some festivities, weather permitting :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
stymie said:
Hey Keith, have you got the On-One back on the trails? Hope so!

I'd love to head down to Middle Run some time, sounds cool. Just a question of logisitics, what is the average time door-to-door for a ride down there (ie: driving time + riding time)?
its about 45min from my door to the trail if i95 is good to go. note i live in north philly and i jump on 95 from Broad and Vine
 

·
Trail eater
Joined
·
229 Posts
bigkeith said:
its about 45min from my door to the trail if i95 is good to go. note i live in north philly and i jump on 95 from Broad and Vine
bigkeith, it will take stymie 45min to get out of bed, 45min to shower and then 45min to launch a..............:eek:
do you really want to ride with him? He is going to kill me after this thread but I thought I would give it a try anyways;)
Stymie you suck:D
Oh yes, its ON:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
ok, rode belmont today and it was in really good shape. this is only my 2nd ride there so i can't really comment on how the trails normally are. considering that the race course was laid out at the lowest portion of the park it was quite impressive how good the trails were.

i on the other hand sucked ass. god, 6 hours at marysville on saturday is gonna suck.

edit: i meant to add that when i got back to the car i looked at my computer and it displayed 6.66 miles. funny considering the only other time i've ridden belmont was on the hell ride. i'm seeing a pattern.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
electric mustard said:
its times like these I wish I had a road bike.

As for wiss, Im giving it a miss. Till then Im going to tear up Belmont now knowing that there are miles more singletrack past the carpark at montgomery road/ave :thumbsup:
I love your screen name. :) Luckily for me, I just picked up a Trek 5200. They (and I think all of their carbon roadies) are on sale during the Tour. The shop was nice enough to let me pick mine up early. :) However, after doing some sick hills today, I was crying for my granny. :)

- Chris
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top