Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a new All Mtn bike, and the Remedy is on my short list. Just a quick question as to how the pivots are holding up, and the rear axle pivot as well.

Have heard and read only good things about the bike

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

mikeyonthemadone said:
No problems with either last years model or the 2011 version. I have 400 miles of hard riding on the new one and haven't had a single issue pivot wise.

Mikey
I see you're in So. Idaho. I'm in Boise area. I know at least 2 other people here who like the bike too - both All mtn riders, one of them a really skilled freerider too. I'm going look at the 2010 and 2011 again at Georges, and see if they can get a medium 2011 Remedy 7. Just seems a really good bike for foothills riding, up at Bogus, central Idaho (Stanley trails) sun valley big climbs and ripping donwhills, Owhyees, and even the Velopark stuff.

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,801 Posts
I've abused my '09 and it has required no maintenance at all... checked the pivots after 1 year and the bearings were fine and had a little grease left. The rp23 shock has been great. Best bike I've ever owned, very versatile and very light.

·
Registered
338 Posts
mtnbkrdr98 said:
I see you're in So. Idaho. I'm in Boise area. I know at least 2 other people here who like the bike too - both All mtn riders, one of them a really skilled freerider too. I'm going look at the 2010 and 2011 again at Georges, and see if they can get a medium 2011 Remedy 7. Just seems a really good bike for foothills riding, up at Bogus, central Idaho (Stanley trails) sun valley big climbs and ripping donwhills, Owhyees, and even the Velopark stuff.
I think you are looking at a GREAT bike for your style of riding. Just don't plan on doing any high altitude extended climbing!! If you are ever in Twin Falls, stop by Spoke and Wheel, we all ride and can hook you up.

Mikey

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
I have a few thousand miles on my 08 R8, no problems what so ever. Haven't even serviced my RP23 or bearings and everything is still functioning like new. The bike on the other hand, looks like a haggard whore... It's been well ridden, tossed around, beat down but keeps on rolliing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.