Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up to my in-laws tomorrow and they are a stone's throw from Ringwood. Are the trails (essentially the race course) in decent shape, or really, really muddy? With a lighter gear is it too muddy for a SS? I'd love to get out there but it wouldn't be worth it if would rip up the trails.

Thanks all!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season and is putting on more weight than me so I feel like I'm not riding so slow! :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rode Ringwood Yesterday

I rode my SS at Ringwood yesterday and that was before we got all of this rain. From Lot C up to the red trail was all sheets of ice and slushy snow as were all of the fire roads. I would advise not riding there. The switchbacks were okay but once I got down to the lake that fire road was practically unrideable. I stuck to the road today and next week I will drive south.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

I figured that might be the case but I'd be kicking myself if I left the bike home and the conditions were good.

FYI Hartshorne and Clayton were pretty good last week. Not sure about Chimney Rock

·
Registered
80 Posts
We tried to ride from Lot C last Saturday. The trails were covered in ice. We aborted the mission. Two weeks ago, we rode at Allaire. The trails were in great shape, a few ice patches here and there, but very rideable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Top of skyline yesterday was very wet but still rideable. we took cannonball/yellow to bear swamp. Then pipe line back that was bad the ground was so saturated that the rocks were sinking. It was a good ride despite the rain.

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
stoked said:
Rode yellow trail from top of skyline dr. yesterday morning. About an inch snow cover but did not have any problems with traction with regular tires.
you rode?!! :eek: i can't believe you're out there ruining the trails. next time don't ride unless you inform everyone on this board that you're going and we have the option to get out and help you with the trail damage. ;)

phattie

·
AussieLostInNyc
650 Posts
stoked said:
Rode yellow trail from top of skyline dr. yesterday morning. About an inch snow cover but did not have any problems with traction with regular tires.
I knew I should have called you. How was utah????????????????
Don't hold out, post some pics, its all good on the jersey forum

·
Registered
246 Posts
mkrev said:
Did anyone ride at ringwood/ramapo today 1/7? If so what are conditions like?

Thanks
Tried it yesterday from the lake parking lot. Still has a decent amount of snow and ice. I did not last too long. It needs more time to thaw out. I rode Tourne today, close to perfect conditions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hold your horses!

Rode Ringwood this morning 1/10. Some trails are OK, but the majority of the fire roads and parts of the race course are still under snow and ice. Overall, I wouldn't say that the place is ready to ride yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.