Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**I am NOT looking for a SRAM vs Shimano thread!**

For those of you who have the SRAM Code RSC, how do you like the brakes?
I am an over 200lb rider, riding mostly trail/all mountain on my Evil Offering.
I wanted something with more power than the Guides, so got the Codes.

I was actually considering the new XT, but these Codes are brand new (have not even put them on yet), and can't really justify selling these and getting those.

How do you like the Codes?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really like them. I’ve got a nomad 4 with 180 rotors and they still work great. Rode an offering yesterday with the guides. Similar lever feel but definite power difference. I could adjust but found myself squeezing much harder than with the Codes. Bite point adjust is also nice to have.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
The Codes are great. I have the RSC's and 200mm rotors. My front pistons were a bit sticky and first but fine after some work. They have plenty of power and modulation. Much better than the Guides when riding DH. However, if you're had Guides and wasn't riding DH, I'd just go with bigger rotors. My Guides with good pads were fine for trail riding. I'm 215 lbs btw.

·
Professional MTBR Member
510 Posts
I have them on my Nomad CC. They're much better than the Code R and the Guide R, which I have on other bikes.

Yet, I much prefer the TRP Quadiem G-specs that came on my Tues CF Pro. Overall more solid feeling, excellent modulation, and don't squeal.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the Codes, particularly the RSC's. I think you'll find they meet your needs. That said, I've never ridden a bike with the Codes (any version).

I'm about 200lbs geared up, and after a few 1hr test rides on bikes with Guide R/RSC's, I can now say that I feel that my TRP Quadiems feel kind of like beefed up Guides. Which, is very much how all the reviews seem to talk about the Codes in relation to the Guides as well.

And given that the Quadiems/Codes are in the same category/stopping power range (they're competitors of each other in the downhill brake category), I'd say you'll be happy with them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Code rsc came on my new bike. The front would have that travelling bite point. I keep them fairly far out and about once a ride they would pull almost all the way to the bar.
Now about 1/10 pulls the bite is in really far. The rear has started the once a ride also.
The front now has a annoying click when you pull the lever.
Going for warranty, not what I want to do mid season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.