Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience withe the chameleon ecentric bottom bracket?

Good?

Bad?

Indiferent?

Picking up a frame this weekend and wondering if the hold up well. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
324 Posts
tryallrider said:
Anyone have any experience withe the chameleon ecentric bottom bracket?

Good?

Bad?

Indiferent?

Picking up a frame this weekend and wondering if the hold up well. Thanks for the help in advance.
FWIW- Here's a recent Chameleon review by Competitive Cyclist with mention to the
EBB.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mountain-bikes/review-frame/Santa-Cruz-Chameleon.2448.html

Im also building a blue one like the one they have pictured-although im on the slow track with gathering parts for it as my wallet is still trying to recover from purchase of a BlurXCc

·
Life is strange
1,991 Posts
I wish I could get a non EBB one, but I have a year and a half on the EBB and aside from creaking its held up very well with no slipping or such.

I like the bike enough that its a non issue.
:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
ive been riding the ebb chameleon for about 6 months now, and while i like the ebb, i feel that it is quite difficult to work with. it gets stuck, at least for me, almost every time i try to adjust it. i have to bust out the rubber mallet and start whacking at my bike. being a santa cruz owner, i don't really enjoy whacking at my bike.

that being said, it never squeaks, slips or does anything funny while im riding. it feels very stiff and i am very confident while im riding.

my biggest complaint about the new chameleon is the bottle cage bosses. sc added some new ones on the seat tube and now i can't slam my post all the way down. its a bummer. im actually considering buying a different bike for this reason. i love it great otherwise!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ditto on everything except for the water bottle comment. I just converted mine into a single speed and I had a hell of a time removing it. Applied some anti seize grease for the reinstall so hopefully it will come out smoother on the next time I work on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.