Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ya like dags?
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get some input from those who have ordered recently. Some of their lead times look very reasonable in this day and age, which makes me nervous. I'm fine waiting, but burned out on ordering things and having the dates constantly pushed. I'm getting to where I just assume everyone is way over promising to keep customers. Was just curious if that seems to be the case here?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wanted to get some input from those who have ordered recently. Some of their lead times look very reasonable in this day and age, which makes me nervous. I'm fine waiting, but burned out on ordering things and having the dates constantly pushed. I'm getting to where I just assume everyone is way over promising to keep customers. Was just curious if that seems to be the case here?
I ordered a Delano Peak on May 1st and it showed up this morning. When I ordered they said 8 to 10 weeks. At one point they said mid to late June but there were some parts delays that pushed it out a little. They've been pretty good and have a tracker on their site where you can enter a reservation code to get an automated update.

I'm part of a Fezzari Facebook group... seems like a lot of Delano and La Sal Peaks are rolling out (I think they even have some La Sals in stock in certain specs and sizes). Abajo and Cascade Peak orders sound like they're leading behind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Professional Noob
774 Posts
They seem to be somewhat accurate for the most part. Given how ridiculous the industry is right now, I’m amazed they even have lead times to give! Almost every other place just says “no.”

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered in May 21, was told 14-16 weeks also indicated on order sheet. I am now at now at week 20. Their "new bike day" page updates an additional 2 weeks every time you hit the end of the previous 2 week window. I do understand this issue with parts and overall supply for the bike industry, but, I do not like being strung along with a date that keeps getting pushed back every 2 weeks. I understand that they do not know and are at the mercy of their suppliers, but this did not just start happening. I would have much rather been given a build time of 6+ months and maybe have seen them deliver a bit early then to be strung along like this. It becomes very frustrating. At this point, I am committed. I am not ready to cancel my order, because lets be honest, unless i buy an inflated priced used bike of CG or the Marketplace, I am going to have to wait with every manufacturer....rock and a hard place!

·
Registered
2021 Fezzari Cascade Peak
29 Posts
I ordered a Cascade Peak (medium) on May 14th. The estimated lead time was 14-16 at that time. My bike will be shipping in the next couple days, so it will be about 23 weeks by the time I get it. It has been frustrating at times, but understandable given the chaotic state of the global supply chain. I agree with @JJosie that it can be annoying to see the estimate get repeatedly pushed back, but I can't blame Fezzari for doing it that way. They are just doing the best they can with the information they have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a Cascade Peak (large) on May 18th. Same deal as @CTMTB17, given an estimated lead time of 14 - 16 weeks. Virtually no communication from Fezzari. Each time the current delivery date grew near, they delayed it again with no warning. I've had delays at least 7 times, and my current delivery window until Friday was early to mid-November (Monday would have been my first day for delivery). I asked about my delivery Friday, and they said I have another delay now until Mid-December at the earliest. They tell me I'm "lucky" it isn't being pushed back to Spring due to creative moves they are pulling. I thought that was funny.

Anyway, if you have a chance to buy a bike from an LBS, I'd go that route at this point. At this point, I feel like Fezzari is no more than lipstick on a pig. They mask their glaring issues by over-promising, and when it comes time to deliver, they don't. I get that there are issues with logistics and shipping, but that doesn't prevent them from reaching out when they learn of another delay. I'd much rather have them tell me, "we have no idea when the bike will come in," and just be surprised when it does. The constant looking forward to the delivery date to only be delayed each time is stressful and a major bummer. I ended up buying a bike from REI this weekend (Salsa Timerberjack 27.5), which has been a lot of fun to ride already. I will probably send the Cascade Peak back due to having so much time on the Salsa. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
ya like dags?
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up deciding not to order anything until the lead time indicated that they actually had something in stock. I pulled the trigger on a La Sal that said 2-4 weeks, and got it literally the next day. They called me an hour after I hit the purchase button and said they had time to get me boxed up and shipped out that same day.

I feel your guys pain on getting pushed back. It’s happened to me multiple times the past couple years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.