Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
wretch
2,126 Posts
Uhh forget the big bikes. . . if they took those pics any time recently here in the Oven / Desert . . . why are they wearing pants? I can't fathom it. It makes me sweat, but I'm doing that already. . . Is that out and around Hawes?

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Not sure where its at but it's not around Hawes or the stuff we built at NRA. Last time I asked I was told it was secret. Makes me think I should have kept all my building @ NRA low profile and secret so I wouldn't have to fix others screw ups.

After thought..........

Na I like that people of all skill types can come out to have fun and build skills on what I and my buds have built. Just wish some would fix there screw ups to the trails or jumps thats all we ask.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have to agree with Boone. I usually dont chime in on these kinds of things, more of a lurker but damn. Everyone starts somewhere. Who cares if they are in serious rigs and only doing 1ft kickers. They are on their bikes riding. They didnt ask about what kind of bike to buy or what is the next best up-grade. Just wanted to post some pics on here and start a killer thread. Yall keep killing it and thanks for the pics, looks like a cool trail.

Z

·
Registered
172 Posts
I second what Boone and Z are saying. You guys bashing their rides are so lame it is ridiculous. It seems like no matter where you ride some guys have that mentality. Maybe if someone could explain to me how someone else's bike/ riding ability affects them in the least, I would be able to understand a little better. Bottom line is that we are all trying to have fun on our bicycles... period! The only explanation I can think of is that you haters are a little unsure of you own riding abilities and need to put someone else down. Or maybe you guys are just lame. Thanks for the photos, it looks like you all are having fun.

G

·
Ditto for me as well. I just got through sessioning a few features at our local XC trail center and I brought out the FR rig with absolutely no shame. I earn my way up, and enjoy the descents. Who cares about what type of bikes are ridden at certain spots. It's segregative mentalities like that that can rub newbies (to biking, like myself half a season ago) the wrong way and turn people away from our wonderful sport.

To the OP, thanks for the stokage man, I'll be primed for tomorrow's shuttle trip. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
619 Posts
bigfatadder said:
I love expensive bikes being wasted, when there are shredding kids out there can't afford a bike. Maybe you can swap them for a hardtail, would do better on trails like the ones above.
There riding a bike...people like you make people stop riding...:rolleyes:

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Geezz I forget a smiley and you guys go nuts. I will go back and add a smiley just for you guys. We are local and I am razzing becuase I have yet to be told where this place is I may wanna check it out someday if I am near.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
matthew4president said:
why do you have such good bikes for such a lame trail
maybe they only own one bike and felt like doing some trail riding, but shred DH/FR mostly. Maybe they like big bikes for mellow trails .. or maybe (and I think this is the right explanation) the trail was so gnarly earlier that they couldn't even stand on it, let alone stand to take pictures.. so they waited till they got closer to the parking lot, threw on some trail lids and snapped some shots.

keep riding guys.. i'm jealous, I haven't been out on my bike in what seems like ages..

btw, i'm heading to whistler at the end of the month, when i come back i'll hunt down this thread and post my pictures on here to help with the stokage. also the red desert reminds me of when i lived in Utah, good summer riding out there, but HOT. good call on the evening ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.