Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
I agree, this forum definitely needs a KT sticky. Write one up with answers to the repeatedly asked questions; lodging, camping, pets, ride recommendations, other things to do, best time to visit, links, etc. Post it here and we'll harass the administrators until they stick it.

Look in the AZ forum if you need an example.

Thanks for volunteering!

·
cranktankerous Mainer
610 Posts
"Hi everybody, I'm special and planning a trip to Kingdom trails for the first time. Have a few questions, too lazy to use the search function. What is the weather going to be like? What are the best trails to ride? What bike should I bring. Are there bugs? I always get lost, will somebody ride with me and show me where to go? Where and what should I eat? Can I just camp on the side of the road? I'm from NY, what kind of tires for Vermont?"

SHUT UP!!!!- yes we need a goddam KT sticky! ...and fast, idiots are coming out of hibernation!

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Toddski said:
"Hi everybody, I'm special and planning a trip to Kingdom trails for the first time. Have a few questions, too lazy to use the search function. What is the weather going to be like? What are the best trails to ride? What bike should I bring. Are there bugs? I always get lost, will somebody ride with me and show me where to go? Where and what should I eat? Can I just camp on the side of the road? I'm from NY, what kind of tires for Vermont?"

SHUT UP!!!!- yes we need a goddam KT sticky! ...and fast, idiots are coming out of hibernation!
Cabin fever?
ps I laughed.

·
cranktankerous Mainer
610 Posts
Really tho, there should be a KT/Millstone sticky and a Highland(can i ride my xc bike)sticky. People (I) get sick of answering the same questions and lots of good stuff gets lost in old posts. It just simplifies things. Seriously, didn't we have 3 topics on the 1st page asking the same KT questions last year.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Me and my buds are coming the first weekend of April. Can I ride if the trails are muddy?

Does KT have a comprehensive, updated website that answers almost all of the questions I'm going to ask you?

Seriously, we've all been in a position where we are flying blind going into something new, so a sticky is a great idear.

NW_Vermont hoping to get to NE Vermont this year!

·
Ride and Smile suckas
593 Posts
I went to KT this past weekend. Snowshoed in the trails with the wife and dog.
Good fun. 2 things-
May 21st Santa Cruz demo day
The deli/breakfast spot is open again in the center of town... and it is good!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just found out about kingdom trails this past winter...I want to go up for a couple days get a hotel....but their website says you need a full suspension bike for most of the trails, a full head helmet and a group of 3 riders or more....

That's not good because I have neither...was wondering that is true at all? I have a 29er hard tail...and most of my riding I do solo...because well no one I know likes to ride...

Those rules they listed were under east Burke mountain...is that still kingdom trails?

·
Registered
697 Posts
RichieRichRK said:
I just found out about kingdom trails this past winter...I want to go up for a couple days get a hotel....but their website says you need a full suspension bike for most of the trails, a full head helmet and a group of 3 riders or more....

That's not good because I have neither...was wondering that is true at all? I have a 29er hard tail...and most of my riding I do solo...because well no one I know likes to ride...

Those rules they listed were under east Burke mountain...is that still kingdom trails?
The Burke Mountain side is much more downhill oriented, and those rules are a good idea. The Darling Hill trails are more cross country. No need for full suspension or a full face helmet.

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
RichieRichRK said:

Definitely need a full-face helmet if riding a 29er.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those were the trails I was looking to ride! Darling hill trails....are they open during the week? I work weekends.....east Burke looks crazy but I don't do the hardcore downhill stuff. Definitely looking forward to the cross country trails, all the pictures I've seen those trails look incredible!

·
Registered
301 Posts
RichieRichRK said:
Those were the trails I was looking to ride! Darling hill trails....are they open during the week? I work weekends.....east Burke looks crazy but I don't do the hardcore downhill stuff. Definitely looking forward to the cross country trails, all the pictures I've seen those trails look incredible!
I believe they're "open" 24/7, unless they're closed because of mud/flooding.

There's plenty of fun stuff to ride on Darling Hill on a hardtail. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.