Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or know if a group buy might work? I know they do that for TVs and other products, why not a Turner frame.

Best price I've been quoted so far was from Go-ride.com. $1695 delivered with your choice of RP3, DHX Air, or DHX coil. Maybe if several of us buy at the same time, they'll give us a price break. We could try other retailers too.

What do you boys think?

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
List the retailers you got price quotes from. You aren't finished until you have quotes from Larry at MtnHigh and Chad at Redbarn. A group buy would be like herding cats, and I don't imagine you would gain much other than heartburn.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks I'll try those guys too. I think a group buy is worth a try. If you were a retailer, wouldn't it be great to sell maybe 5-10 frames at once and be willing to discount the prices to get the volume? That's why the retailers for TVs are willing to do it.

Worth a try at least. Can't hurt to ask, yeah?

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Can't hurt to ask, but you may recall all the effort that went into the group buy on the Homer jerseys and the XR rockers, now imagine what it will be like to get a firm commitment from several people for a ~$1700 purchase, financed in advance b/c no retailer is gonna front that kind of scratch, and then try to keep them from loosing patience while they wait for their orders, add color and size availibility, damper options etc...

Maybe check with Larry and see if his single buy price isn't worth the time and effort you'll be saving.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking for a group buy, each person would simply order the frames on their own, say within a specific time period. That way, no one is fronting money up front. I agree, if I were a shop, I wouldn't be willing to front money either.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
myitch said:
I was thinking for a group buy, each person would simply order the frames on their own, say within a specific time period. That way, no one is fronting money up front. I agree, if I were a shop, I wouldn't be willing to front money either.
Not to be too rude, but the alternative would be to buy it from your LBS or a supporter of this forum, for say an extra $75, and reap far more than that in rewards down the road, when you need service, favors, loaner shock, loaner fork, etc.

Just a thought. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.