1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rumpfy said:
Do you not have hills where you are?
we do, we also have huge legs for motoring up the hills :D

it did come with a rigid fork originally, I have the 1992 catalog that had this bike in it. sadly the fork is long gone.
cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Paramount rigid fork

I currently have a Series 70 and 80, both with the original rigid forks. I rode (and destroyed) several models of Paramounts for over 10 years, when my Series 60 finally broke I bought an Ibis Mojo as a replacement (still have it - great bike). The Series 70 still sees trail duty but the 80 just sits most of the time. I can't convince myself to cut loose with it, I spent so much time on these that they are like old friends.

If you are needing a rigid fork PM me. I have a fork from a series 40 (lower end) that has been sitting on the shelf for years. The geometry should be right but it is heavier than the original Series 80 fork.

·
Registered
508 Posts
While perusing Waterford Precision Cycles site...

...I happened on scans somebody made of a bunch of Schwinn catalogs. Just looking through them brings back memories. Of importance for this thread is:

http://waterfordbikes.com/SchwinnCat/flschwinn_1991_2000/1993_Pmt_24.html

I'm in the process of trying to get my old R80 back (let it go for cheap to an acquaintance; wish me luck).

Steve

·
Registered
508 Posts
That frame looks sweet with a gen 1 Judy.
I have one of those in my garage. The elastomers now have the same amount of give as chunks of granite (might have been my fault for greasing them with the red Schwinn grease when I didn't have any Judy Butter).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Here's your bike's daddy, a '92 Paramount PDG90, your's is actually a '93. Took this one out today for the 1st time since acquiring it. It's front end handler, just point and go. Came back smiling so it's a keeper. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Blue Velvet Gas Paramount Series 90. My first serious mountain bike. Brings back memories, that one! I put on an Allsop Softride stem, and later "upgraded" to a Manitou 3 suspension fork. Unfortunately, it was just a bit small and I ended up selling it to my brother in law who later put some kind of engine on it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice bike! Just like mine, still have it, after 20 years. Its been all over the western United States including several trips to Moab. Blue Velvet Gas? Probably one of the best paint jobs/color on any mountain bike I have ever seen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I owned the red white blue before my blue velvet gas P90. That was a fun bike to ride, although I didn't own it for very long at the time. Its a shame how Schwinn has gone downhill since the days of custom Paramounts and their hi-end mountain and road bikes. Talk about bastardizing what was once a good brand.

·
Sweep the leg!
3,803 Posts
While I don't know about the R80, that PDG isn't a true Paramount. PDG's of that era were made in Japan. We sold plenty of road-going Paramounts back then but not any MTB Paramounts. PDG's on the other hand, lots of those went out the door.

I've always been rather fond of the red-white-blue Paramounts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.