Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mountain Bike Racer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi MTBR Friends,

For a father, although there is no difference in the amount of love that he has for a daughter or a son, there does exist something that makes the father-daughter relationship very special. I think the "special-ness" is a result of how difficult it is to cultivate that tight bond, one that seems so natural between a mother and her daughter.

Paige, About To Head Out For a Ride...

I can attest to this because of my experience with my daughter, Paige.

Like most little girls her age, Paige had always been closer with her mom, and did not really understand, or take much interest in, the sweat, dirt, and competitive vibes that so dominate my mountain bike world. However, all of that changed this past summer after Paige learned how to ride her bike and competed in her first race……[MORE]

·
At Work
1,842 Posts
Just sent $10.00

I have a 4 year old, she has not picked up on riding her Trek Mystic yet, but has been killing her Stryder for a year now!!!!!!!!

Great Story. Nothing like the love of a child.

Harrison

·
Mountain Bike Racer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Questions Answered! About Helping Send Two Little Girls to Mountain Bike Camp

Hello All!

I wanted to post a few answers to questions that folks have made regarding the work Paige and I are doing to help send two little girls to Little Bellas Mountain Bike Camp..

A note from Simon Dunne at Specialized [March 9, 2011]

As the camp is in Monterey at the Sea Otter event this year, it's our intention is to pick enthusiastic girls from Monterey public schools during our school presentations leading up to Sea Otter. We will attempt to pick girls whose families wouldn't have the means to pay for them (based on school location), but we will not ask parents to report income, so our first priority will be enthusiasm.

The camp experience will include food, drink and a bike/helmet to use, as well as all the costs of running the program and instruction. We will encourage parents to bring their child, but will provide a pick up and drop off service if required. The children will stay at their homes and come back down the following morning.

Hope that answers the questions.

Simon

Specialized | [email protected]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

Richard & Paige

·
Mountain Bike Racer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our awareness campaign on MTBR, Facebook and googlegroups yesterday had a tremendous impact on the world of cycling. So much so, that someone at the US National Bike Summit lobbying lawmakers to increase funding for cycling was moved to shift his focus to help get more kids on mountain bikes!

Today is the last day our generous sponsor is going to be matching donations. So, if you want to make a difference in two little girls lives - please help today. And, if you can't donate today - you can really help by posting our link on your blog, forum, Facebook, or anywhere else. http://tinyurl.com/cyclingforkids

The majority of our fund-raising has come from people on MTBR or Facebook who saw one of our posts and were moved to help out. THANK YOU MTBR FRIENDS! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.