Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ride it like you stole it
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some of freeride trails in the Houghton/Hancock/UP area. I have done the Tech Trails and the trails up in Copper Harbor when I get up there but have heard from some of the locals to check out Beer-Thirty? Does anyone know about this trail or others that offer some freeriding experience? Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
TWilliams42 said:
I am looking for some of freeride trails in the Houghton/Hancock/UP area. I have done the Tech Trails and the trails up in Copper Harbor when I get up there but have heard from some of the locals to check out Beer-Thirty? Does anyone know about this trail or others that offer some freeriding experience? Thanks!
You may want to post your question on the mmba forum, you'll likely get a timely response there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, beer-30 is really short, probably about 35 seconds for sure. As for free-riding in the area goes, the only place you will really find wooden stunts to ride is the Tech Trails. Other than that, Churning Rapids is fun as well as The Red Trail, Paul's Plunge, Clyde's Crack and Slide in CU Harbor.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hey, how are the revamped tech trails? I will be back in Michigan from the tail end of June through at least the first week in July and if I can I want to head up to the Keweenaw for a day or two. Can you still ride the old trails too, or do you have to stick to the new trails?

·
goo
54 Posts
Go to Cross Country Sports and ask the guys there. Also if your gonna be up there around Fathers Day weekend they usually build some stuff for the Chain Drive Fest.

I'll be up for Fat Tire Fest and the week after. Gonna try and hit up Hotown, the Harbor and MQT. You guys ready! I promise not to suck as much as I used to.:D

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
techrider said:
The new trails are great and they are actually expanding them over towards the old trails.
I sure hope I can get up there while I'm home. Leaving on the 23rd but then have to go to lake michigan, somewhere down on the southern shore near indiana, for a few days for a family reunion type thingy.
ater that I'm staying at my dad's to visit for a while, and Its an 8 hour drive up to houghton, but i'll already have driven from el paso tx to colorado springs on june 21, then co springs to michigan on june 23-24, so whats a few more hours! The Keweenaw is worth it. I'm just bummed my grandparents sold their cottage on superior last summer. It was like 2 miles east of eagle harbor. So I gotta pay to stay somewhere up there for the first time ever (not counting dorms/apartment rent while at tech)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.