Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do people wear on top of their amour when it is stinking hot... I want to be as cool as possible vents vents vents please.. what are the options. I cant see many short sleeve jerseys that look like they will vent.

Any ideas much appreciated

·
Registered
225 Posts
i wear last years sombrio clutch jersey. the upper chest and upper back panels are a very flowy mesh so it lets yyou breath and the sleeves are a loose cuff and fit through out so ti helps air move aroudn the arms as well.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,553 Posts
006_007 said:
On really hot days I will wear just the armor and nothing under or over. (dainese safety jacket)
^^

Although tomorrow I'm going with the Under Armour heat gear base layer underneath the Rockgardn armour.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
i wear a cool max vest under my armour and then just ride with the armour bare, works quite well in the canary island summers although your still going to sweat like a pig, even if your in speedos and a pair of flip flops your gonna sweat out here

·
Registered
102 Posts
Karve said:
What do people wear on top of their amour when it is stinking hot... I want to be as cool as possible vents vents vents please.. what are the options. I cant see many short sleeve jerseys that look like they will vent.

Any ideas much appreciated
Nothin underneath, nothin over the top, just armour. Sux in mud! Looks a bit macho, but I ride where there are few people and don't care for looks anyway, I'm far too ugly.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigfatadder said:
Nothin underneath, nothin over the top, just armour. Sux in mud! Looks a bit macho, but I ride where there are few people and don't care for looks anyway, I'm far too ugly.
lol - U don't get any nipple chaffage with that set up?

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
Even when it gets real hot here, I usually survive with some kind of wicking sleeveless thing under the armor (Nike Pro), and a short sleeve jersey (the Fox Blitz is almost completely meshed in the back, and its quite light). I usually strip off the armor and jersey for any longer climbs. And yes, the under armor set up does help even under the pads (and helps keep your suit slightly less disgusting...)
I hate riding with the pressure suit with nothing underneath....(actually, I really prefer something over it as well...).

·
Registered
982 Posts
Under Armor Heat Wear

I wear UA Heat Wear under my Dainese Jacket and a Race Face 6x6 long sleeve over that.
Sure, it's hot, but it is even hotter when they are picking dirt and rocks out of your inflamed skin in the ER!:cryin:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Marzocchi had a jersey that is lite as hell and air flows like crazy through it

dats what I wear in plus 100 temps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.