Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mlcktmguy
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older style TLD helmet for mtn biking. Lately it's been really hot and humid where I ride and I'm considering getting a helmet with more venting/cooling for hot summer riding.

I'm considering purchase of a TLD A2 Mips that has good reviews for additional air flow capacity and protection but wondered if any of you have experience with other brands.

I'm from the dirt bike world and got a huge improvement in hot weather ventilation and cooling when I purchased a Leatt helmet designed with many air flow vents. I'm hoping something similar exists in the mtn biking world.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
troy lee a2 is the benchmark for a half shell lid with beefed up protection with regards to ventilation. You may get suggestions that another helmet vents better or whatnot, but it will be a subjective matter. Some are definitely better then others, but the a2 is near the top of the heap in both protection and vents.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Smith Session and ride in the heat of Houston and east Texas trails. I don’t do well with 105+ heat index days but so far, the session has been the best helmet I’ve tried.

That being said, still looking for something cooler. I hope it’s out there but don’t wanna spend the cost to find it.

Following this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Still chuggin' along
875 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have a Fox Flux and with the heat and humidity, its just not working. The Leatt DBX 3.0 is rated very well for ventilation, but I'm wondering if there is something woman specific that is comparable.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Go with what you know, I imagine you have a TLD A1? the A2 was designed around a similar headform, safety systems, etc...and the A1 MIPS just tested as the safest MTB helmet at Virginia tech, but all that being said, A2 has more airflow than the A1 and has the addition of EPP and EPS impact foams, so you get low speed energy management protection-something no other helmet has.

I have an older style TLD helmet for mtn biking. Lately it's been really hot and humid where I ride and I'm considering getting a helmet with more venting/cooling for hot summer riding.

I'm considering purchase of a TLD A2 Mips that has good reviews for additional air flow capacity and protection but wondered if any of you have experience with other brands.

I'm from the dirt bike world and got a huge improvement in hot weather ventilation and cooling when I purchased a Leatt helmet designed with many air flow vents. I'm hoping something similar exists in the mtn biking world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.