Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I normally ride in hot conditions, constantly over 30C (+86F) and VERY high humidity (70% plus).

My trusty Giro Hex is over its service life and it turned out to be too hot for typical spring-summer conditions here. It does ok during the dry season, though.

I am currently looking at the MET Parabellum or something along those lines.

Any other suggestions for a trail/AM helmet that has good ventilation?

Thanks!

·
Registered
687 Posts
fortunately here in canada we don't have to worry bout this issue much.....those new smith optics helmets look like they might offer more ventilation than your average helmet - but I have yet to see one in person

·
Registered
302 Posts
So far my new Kali Amara has been doing fine but I haven't ridden in weather over 85F yet, plus I have short hair. I was thinking of getting their Avita but will probably wait to see if I do more gravity stuff and get a full face if I do.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same temps here (Malaysia) - humidity is pea soup too. I manage with a met kaos. Have now switched to a bell super and can manage. It's warmer but I want the extra protection.
Thanks! I am in Darwin, Australia, so you are just across the street and heat and humidity are very similar.

I went with a Kaos after reading many kudos for MET's. The Parabellum is nice, but does not offer more ventilation according to MET themselves.

I thought about the Super, but it may be overkill for local trails. Different from Malaysia, we don't have mountains around.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I want to get my hands on one of the IXS - i bought one of the first production shipments of the bell super last season. Its a great helmet - but for some reason, and I know its been documented elsewhere - it runs hot - even with the brow vents. I rode the entire summer season here in CO. its one of the only helmets that also drops sweat right out of the helmet into my eyes and glasses. I always wear a sweatvac beanie and even the ones with the rubber channel - now - I am a heavy sweat producer - but in all my riding I've never had the issues I've described. Too bad - as I like everything else about it. So - my .02c - the super is great but does not vent well or evac sweat very well - except straight off the front

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.