Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PhillyD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please someone tell me if I'm making this up, but am I right in thinking that there are some hot srpings near the end of Porcupine Rim? Does anyone know where they are? I didnt see them on the only other visit Ive done out there.

I'm off out to Fruita for the FFFestival with a group of friends and were thinking of doing a day trip to Moab, and I thought that if there are springs nearby then it would be a perfect place for an end of ride visit.
But maybe I dreamt it and it doesnt actually exist.

From where I'm sitting in London right now the world looks a pretty grey place. So if anyones looking out at sunny skies, hasnt got buildings as a veiw from the window, or didnt get drenchied commuting to work then I hope you appreciate it.

Philip
AKA PhillyD

·
asleep by 10:00pm
320 Posts
nope

PhillyD said:
Please someone tell me if I'm making this up, but am I right in thinking that there are some hot srpings near the end of Porcupine Rim? Does anyone know where they are? I didnt see them on the only other visit Ive done out there.

I'm off out to Fruita for the FFFestival with a group of friends and were thinking of doing a day trip to Moab, and I thought that if there are springs nearby then it would be a perfect place for an end of ride visit.
But maybe I dreamt it and it doesnt actually exist.

From where I'm sitting in London right now the world looks a pretty grey place. So if anyones looking out at sunny skies, hasnt got buildings as a veiw from the window, or didnt get drenchied commuting to work then I hope you appreciate it.

Philip
AKA PhillyD
no springs in moab anywhere....ummm, i think your friends were trying to send you to the naked beach on the river that is very close to the end of porcupine....big joke maybe?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Um, no Phil - not exactly a "Hot" spring, but a spring, yes. Untreated water supply at Matrimony Spring, I think - along the road between the end of the singletrack and town.

You can go skinny dipping in it if you like, but we'll be long gone. And don't say you weren't warned when some ******* jeepers take a fancy to your purdy white arse and try to do some canyoning.

Now get back to work, foo!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
If you don't mind driving...

about 5 hours there are hotsprings near Pinedale WY. Probably too far out of your way but the closest that I'm aware of. If you think you'll head that far north let me know and I can PM you some directions out of the guidebook that I'm borrowing.

·
Banned
824 Posts
freak

scorcher seb said:
Um, no Phil - not exactly a "Hot" spring, but a spring, yes. Untreated water supply at Matrimony Spring, I think - along the road between the end of the singletrack and town.

You can go skinny dipping in it if you like, but we'll be long gone. And don't say you weren't warned when some ******* jeepers take a fancy to your purdy white arse and try to do some canyoning.

Now get back to work, foo!
HAHAHA, ******* jeepers and a scene from Deliverance. Are you sure his name is Phil and not Ned?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.