Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allroy and I hit one of the local Merryland slushspots on our day off. Funness ensued:

I got the rest of the week off as well, but can only ride tomorrow so I'll make the best of it at another Virginny slush/rockride.

Happy upcoming New Year's!

Cheers,

rickyd

·
DiscoCowboy
342 Posts
Not bad at all...

There was a pretty even mix of ice and soft snow with a surprising amout of dry firm dirt, gasp! The shed trails were pretty good, Gamrill is another story, lots of unridden trails with a fair amount of snow still on them.

MightySchmoePong said:
What was is like on some of the other trails?

Looks like you guys had fun.

Dave

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Team Green Steve said:
I saw you out a Wakey with that bike a few Thursdays ago. What trail is that out at the 'shed?
After popping out of Lil Canaan, turn left on the road, then turn left at the first hill. Go right at the intersection, climb a little more, then you'll see a path that shoots to the left. Go there.

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
Drevil said:
Allroy and I hit one of the local Merryland slushspots on our day off.
rickyd
So where are all of these fine Merryland trails, anyway? I'm going to be in Annapolis for a wedding in May. Seems y'all got some nice riding back there, is any of it near where I'm going to be?

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
tamjam said:
So where are all of these fine Merryland trails, anyway? I'm going to be in Annapolis for a wedding in May. Seems y'all got some nice riding back there, is any of it near where I'm going to be?
The closest best one to Annapolis is Avalon (which is part of Patapsco Valley State Park). It's got a great mix of everything and you can get in at least 20 miles without doing the same trails. I think it's about a half hour away from Annapolis.

If you want to play in the rocks, my favorites are Gambrill and the Frederick Watershed (shown in pic above). They are probably a little over an hour from Annapolis.

Rosaryville is pretty close as well. It's not technically challenging, but really fast and swoopy. It's great if you want to hammer out ten miles.

If you want epic and relatively close, head for the Shenandoahs and into Elizabeth Furnace. Tying together several loops there will tucker you out completely. It's about two hours away from Annapolis, but worth it, IMHO.

Check out the trail descriptions and directions on the MORE board, our local mountain bike club: http://www.more-mtb.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

When the time gets closer, hit us up. I'm sure there'll be at least a few folks ready to show you around.

·
DiscoCowboy
342 Posts
What size bike you ride...

I'm sure someone has one you can ride! Annapolis is about 30 minutes from Avalon which is one of the sweet spots to ride, the place in the photo Fredneck Watershed is another 45 minutes out.

tamjam said:

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
Allroy said:
I'm sure someone has one you can ride! Annapolis is about 30 minutes from Avalon which is one of the sweet spots to ride, the place in the photo Fredneck Watershed is another 45 minutes out.
Sounds good, thanks for the info guys. Hopefully I can find a few hours to get away from the family and festivities and sample your trails.

I'm 5'10" and usually fall somewhere between a M and L size frame. Would be cool to hook up while I'm there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.